• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Computer hangs

grtming

Recently I decided to upgrade my DVD burner from a Pioneer 106D 1.07fw to a Samsung SH-S203B. It seemed the logical thing to do. Installed a PNY SATA PCI card and the S203B. No problems with the install or drive recognition. AnyDVD HD sees the drive the computer sees the drive.
Now the problem, any time I insert a DVD into the 203B AnyDVD starts to scan the disc but then locks up the computer. I have to disconnect the 203B drive cable to get the system back. If I disable AnyDVD HD for that drive I have no problems. I can put a DVD into the Pioneer and burn it on the Samsung with CloneDVD2 without issue and no lock ups.
I don't think this is a hardware issue but I could be wrong. Checked every post I could find that might be related but nothing helped. The system only locks when AnyDVD HD tries to scan that drive.
Any thoughts?

Is PDVD or other player launching when you insert your disc?I had a similar problem until i disabled auto start on PDVD.It does sound like some kind of software conflict.

No other programs are launching when I insert a DVD. AnyDVD starts its scan and locks up, the computer won't do anything until I disconnect the SATA cable from the Samsung burner. Then everything is back to normal. I have had no other conflicts or lock ups with any other programs that access the drive including PDVD,NERO or Win Media player v11.

Back