Computer crashes during burning process

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by guitarded, Oct 23, 2007.

1. guitarded

guitarded New Member

Would anyone have any idea why my computer keeps freezing up in the middle of the DVD disc burning process? I am using 1ClickDVD Copy version 5.3.1.7 along with AnyDVD version 6.1.8.4. It goes through the process of recording the movie to the hard disk ok , but when it begins the disk burning process it will often freeze at some point. Last night I got 5 bad discs in a row. I have upgraded the firmware on the Plextor DVD burner but that didn't help. I have not upgraded the firmware on the Combo player though because I haven't found any for it yet. Sometimes the computer just freezes and nothing will move and other times it goes to a solid grey screen. I never have any problems with my PC freezing doing anything else. I have tried restarting just before backing up a movie but It doesn't seem to help. I have tried different media, I have tried slowing down the burning speed, I have also tried shutting off almost all other software that is running , but that doesn't help either. I just don't know if this is somekind of software issue , or a cache issue, or what????
    Can anyone help me?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Overheating (check case fans for dust), bad/weak power supply, and a fragmented hard drive are some common reasons for freezing . . .

3. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Can you post your PC specs?......brand names are a plus. Pre-built or custom built?