Compression of BD-50 to BD-25

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by duke69, Dec 21, 2014.

1. duke69

duke69 Member

The description of CloneBD reads "CloneBD makes perfect 1:1 clones, but also compresses BD-50 to a single BD-25"
    When I place a BD-50 in my "read drive" and attempt to do a full copy to my "write drive" on a BD-25 blank I get the message that there is not enough room on the write drive's disc. I thought compression would take place. Is there a button for that I am missing? Since there is no manual...

Later....
    ...solved it for myself.

As many of you have observed, CloneBD will adjust the compression (slider) so that the recording will fit a BD-25 SOMETIMES. As others note, it works and then on another disc it doesn't work. On one occasion where it still said not enough room on disc I manually moved the slider to the left then reset the media selection from Custom to BD-25 again and the not enough room error did not return. It went through the entire copy and burn but the resultant disc was unplayable past chapter 3; I had sound all the way buy frozen video.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. diverjones

diverjones Well-Known Member

Please post your resolution for others that may have the same problem or question.

DiverJ

3. Rialto

Rialto Member

I said that some days ago, if you compress a bd 50 to 25 and choose the option bd-r 25 (23,30 gb real size) clone bd makes it about 2 gb bigger, about 25gb but the real size must be 23,3gb, so it's imposible to record that to a bd-r 25

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Depends on the disc, I've done lots at that setting that fit just fine

5. Rialto

Rialto Member

I tried with shrek 3, the mummy and Green zone and all happend that, bigger. I think that should be a thing to revise.

6. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I tested it with a few hundred discs and only had around 10 or so that came out too big.

7. diverjones

diverjones Well-Known Member

Interesting. Isn't just ONE disc coming out too large to fit the disc you are attempting to burn too many? Certainly if I put in a 50GB disc, tell CloneBD that I am burning to a 25GB disc, I expect it to fit.......EVERY TIME. What the heck am I suppose to do at that point, adjust the quality slider and wait another 16 hours? Please do not act as if this is no big thing. A 5 to 10% failure rate is certainly something to fix. Just my opinion here, but.....

Diverj

8. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I was responding to Rialto's message which implies that every disc will come out too big, when in fact it's a small percentage. When you get one that comes out to big then you need to send a logfile to Slysoft so they can see why it's happening.
    As to the 16 hour thing, I've never had that issue on multiple systems. Even my laptop only takes about 3-4 hours