• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Compressing Media

kim26583

I am new to this forum. I am not having any problems downloading the dvd to video to my hard drive. I am using Image Burn to burn the movie to disc. My question is this: Is there anyway I can compress a video ISO file larger than 7.74GB and still burn it to a 16x 4.7GB 120 minute DVD disc? I used to use 1click DVD and it always compressed it for me. Thanks for your help.

An .ISO image can be compressed

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Go to above link then scroll down to "Virtual CloneDrive (Freeware)"

Download & install Virtual Clone Drive

Mount the .ISO image from your hard drive to Virtual Clone Drive

After the .ISO image has been mounted you can use either Clonedvd or Dvdshrink to compress it down to fit a single layer dvd

I have no experience with 1click DVD but you should be able to use it instead once you have mounted your .ISO

P. S. If you still have the original dvd you have the option when ripping it with Clonedvd or Dvdshrink to rip it with or without compression.

Last edited:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Go to above link then scroll down to "Virtual CloneDrive (Freeware)"

Download & install Virtual Clone Drive

Mount the .ISO image from your hard drive to Virtual Clone Drive

After the .ISO image has been mounted you can use either Clonedvd or Dvdshrink to compress it down to fit a single layer dvd

I have no experience with 1click DVD but you should be able to use it instead once you have mounted your .ISO

P. S. If you still have the original dvd you have the option when ripping it with Clonedvd or Dvdshrink to rip it with or without compression.

If you are using DVD Shrink to compress an ISO you don't need to mount the thing first, just drag and drop the ISO file onto the main DVD Shrink window and the program begins the scanning of the contents just as if it were a physical DVD or mounted ISO.

Thank you for your help. I will try it latter this week. I am now glad I purchased DVD Clone.

Back