• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Component Out with AnyDVD HD

GJohn600

I have search the forum but I can't seem to find an answer to my question. I have a htpc with a 7600 GT AGP card with Component out to my HDTV. If I buy AnyDVD HD, an XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive and Power DVD, will I be able to view HD-DVDs on my tv? Basically, will it go through Component out or do you have to go through DVI or hdmi?

I have search the forum but I can't seem to find an answer to my question. I have a htpc with a 7600 GT AGP card with Component out to my HDTV. If I buy AnyDVD HD, an XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive and Power DVD, will I be able to view HD-DVDs on my tv? Basically, will it go through Component out or do you have to go through DVI or hdmi?

It should work. AnyDVD HD disables HDCP so you should be able to get the full resolution that your HDTV will display. I suggest that you buy a Blu-ray drive from a store that will let you return it if it doesn't work. Make sure that the drive comes with player software because Cyberlink does not offer a trial version of PowerDVD Ultra.

Component shouldn't require HDCP, as it is only required on digital paths.

You're right. It's not enableld now. Check out the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP. If the content provider enables it then only a resolution of 540p (960x540) will be sent to the component output. Currently, I don't think they're doing this because it would affect the resolution of the XBOX 360 component output when using the HD DVD drive. Watch out if Microsoft starts marketing an HDMI cable or comes out with an XBOX 360 with HDMI like the PS3. As usual though, someone will figure out how to get around it.

You're right. It's not enableld now. Check out the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP. If the content provider enables it then only a resolution of 540p (960x540) will be sent to the component output. Currently, I don't think they're doing this because it would affect the resolution of the XBOX 360 component output when using the HD DVD drive. Watch out if Microsoft starts marketing an HDMI cable or comes out with an XBOX 360 with HDMI like the PS3. As usual though, someone will figure out how to get around it.
Sure. We did. It is called AnyDVD HD. :D

Sure. We did. It is called AnyDVD HD. :D

I'm not sure if I understand you. When I said "I don't think they're doing this" I was referring to the content providers, not AnyDVD HD, or are you referring to "someone will figure out how to get around it". I'm guessing that it's the latter. Please clarify?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I understand you. When I said "I don't think they're doing this" I was referring to the content providers, not AnyDVD HD, or are you referring to "someone will figure out how to get around it". I'm guessing that it's the latter. Please clarify?
I was referring to "someone will figure out how to get around it".

Back