• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Completing a DVD

bellbern

Hello,
I have a situation whereas I backup my dvds onto Verbatim AZO dvd-r disc. My laptop has no problem reading the original but when I insert the blank, it attempts to write to the disc but when almost complete and the error message pops up stating a bad media. I replace the media and get the same error message half way through after inserting several new medias. Surely I can not have this many bad medias. Sometimes no problem at all but it does happen a lot.

Any suggestions to solve this nagging problem?

Make/model/firmware version of your burner ?
Burn speed ?

Toshiba/Satellite c75d-b
Don't know firmware version
6 times burn speed

Please use the trial of this tool to check the exact model & firmware of your drive, and the Media ID of your Verbatim: http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

I would try to burn at 8x.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a situation whereas I backup my dvds onto Verbatim AZO dvd-r disc. My laptop has no problem reading the original but when I insert the blank, it attempts to write to the disc but when almost complete and the error message pops up stating a bad media. I replace the media and get the same error message half way through after inserting several new medias. Surely I can not have this many bad medias. Sometimes no problem at all but it does happen a lot.

Any suggestions to solve this nagging problem?
Well for me I would use only DVD+R media and if your drive bitset then it would be set to DVD-ROM which most players recognize without problems. If you haven't cleaned the laser lens or if the drive is going bad you will get alot of coasters as well-so how old is that drive?

Back