• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Complete delete of old SlySoftDVD HD?

Electricjohn

I just got my new RedFox DVD HD license key. Should I use my IObit uninstaller to remove all traces of the old SlySoft AnyDVD HD before I install the RedFox AnyDVD HD? I normally use an uninstaller to remove all traces of old software but I am unsure if the old SlySoft porogram contains anything that is still useful.

I just got my new RedFox DVD HD license key. Should I use my IObit uninstaller to remove all traces of the old SlySoft AnyDVD HD before I install the RedFox AnyDVD HD? I normally use an uninstaller to remove all traces of old software but I am unsure if the old SlySoft porogram contains anything that is still useful.
It doesn't matter. The only difference is the folder, Redfox if you uninstall, Slysoft if you install over older version.

It doesn't matter. The only difference is the folder, Redfox if you uninstall, Slysoft if you install over older version.
Thanks I'll delete it all. I thought maybe the old SlyFox AnyDVD HD log files might contain something useful.

Of course always be careful with uninstaller tools. Some can be overzealous and lead to problems; Removing files that shouldn't be or removing registry keys that shouldn't be. When it comes to software that installs drivers I am even more wary of them. I do use such tools, myself, from time to time but I always keep an watchful eye on exactly what the tool is removing and review what it's going to do before allowing it to.

With respect to a fresh install vs updating, it makes no difference however for anal-retentive people, like myself, who like a very nicely organized system an uninstall/reinstall will put all the RedFox newer RedFox folder which makes for cleaner navigation when traversing you HDD.

My RedFox AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.5 just copied The Godfather II BD with no problem, so I think I’ll wait to change over until I find a DVDBD that won’t copy. Thanks for your answer. I know well to use caution with uninstallers. Last year I mistakenly deleted the native drivers for my two old Lexmark Z615 printers and have been unable to find those drivers in Windows 7 updates, where I’m told they are. Just bought new cartridges and now I can’t use the printers.

My RedFox AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.5 just copied The Godfather II BD with no problem, so I think I’ll wait to change over until I find a DVDBD that won’t copy. Thanks for your answer. I know well to use caution with uninstallers. Last year I mistakenly deleted the native drivers for my two old Lexmark Z615 printers and have been unable to find those drivers in Windows 7 updates, where I’m told they are. Just bought new cartridges and now I can’t use the printers.
That is what is being told of 7.6.9.5 HD those older titles will be fine but newer will not and at some point you will have to upgrade whether you want to or not to use the OPD to decrypt newer movies and that will happen. As to your Lexmark your compute doesn't have the driver you have to update from the internet with the driver update feature Windows by itself doesn't have it for older printers. Windows 7 will not have it for older printers that is a fact and I've seen it and used the Driver update installation option preferences to find the drivers to make it work. So this will require you to do some homework to get it to work. And a simple search on the internet most likely will get a solution for your lexmark.

That is what is being told of 7.6.9.5 HD those older titles will be fine but newer will not and at some point you will have to upgrade whether you want to or not to use the OPD to decrypt newer movies and that will happen. As to your Lexmark your compute doesn't have the driver you have to update from the internet with the driver update feature Windows by itself doesn't have it for older printers. Windows 7 will not have it for older printers that is a fact and I've seen it and used the Driver update installation option preferences to find the drivers to make it work. So this will require you to do some homework to get it to work. And a simple search on the internet most likely will get a solution for your lexmark.

Recycle, Thank you very much. My only excuse is that I must have had tunnel vision when my Lexmark driver problem first started. I was searching Microsoft and Lexmark online with no results. I just Googled my problem and the first answer that I opened told me that the 64 bit Vista driver will work. I installed it on my Windows 7 computer and my old printer is working again. I'm still working on Z615 drivers for my Windows 10 computer. Even though Z600 series driver support seems to have ended with Windows 7, I'm still looking. I'm now replacing my old dried up cartridges. Thank you again.

Recycle, Thank you very much. My only excuse is that I must have had tunnel vision when my Lexmark driver problem first started. I was searching Microsoft and Lexmark online with no results. I just Googled my problem and the first answer that I opened told me that the 64 bit Vista driver will work. I installed it on my Windows 7 computer and my old printer is working again. I'm still working on Z615 drivers for my Windows 10 computer. Even though Z600 series driver support seems to have ended with Windows 7, I'm still looking. I'm now replacing my old dried up cartridges. Thank you again.

Have you tried installing the Lexmark Universal Print Driver from Lexmark rather than looking for a specific Z615 driver? It might work.

No that just means the older and older hardware driver will be harder to find not that you tried looking just mean old is just that harder to find. But if you do the setting preferences right for the setting it should be able to find the drivers to get going the only time might be if the printer was for the XP O/S then that might be even harder to get working. But Lexmark is a well know brand name for them not to have it makes me wonder about them as well for support on their printers.
Go to your Windows start menu prompt and type this : change device installation settings.
And in there look at where you choose enhanced icon and the one that says Update from Windows update online the second option if you don't want it to Auto update itself. There you can change so it will look for the most up to date from Windows update online and that should work. I know it worked for me on a HP 8540 by using that same method and it is setup as Network printer so I know doing this way works. Just make sure your connected to the internet so it works to find the right version for you. Might not be the best instructions but if correct you will see that box come up. Windows 10 doesn't make it easier for older hardware even though it suppose to be better hardware support then Win8.... :(

Have you tried installing the Lexmark Universal Print Driver from Lexmark rather than looking for a specific Z615 driver? It might work.
Yes, I tried Lexmark Universal Driver. It doesn't go back as far as their Z600 series. The Z600 series came out back in the old Windows XP days.

Took me 5 seconds to find this. http://support.lexmark.com/index?pa...ode=LEXMARK_Z615&locale=en&userlocale=EN_UK#2 set the filter to Windows Vista. Pretty sure they'll work on windows 10 too, why? Cause on my own laptop i installed drivers for hardware that windows 10 called "unknown device and base device" that were for vista. Worked peachy and hardware was identified. Should work just the same for a simple printer.

Took me 5 seconds to find this. http://support.lexmark.com/index?pa...ode=LEXMARK_Z615&locale=en&userlocale=EN_UK#2 set the filter to Windows Vista. Pretty sure they'll work on windows 10 too, why? Cause on my own laptop i installed drivers for hardware that windows 10 called "unknown device and base device" that were for vista. Worked peachy and hardware was identified. Should work just the same for a simple printer.
That's what I don't install or use Win10 they called it a version to repair Win8 debacle only to cause more debacle in Win10 itself. I see first hand a co-worker upgrade to Win10 to only downgrade back to Win8.1 and loose pictures and files and my response to her was did you not backup your pictures/files before reverting and she said it was suppose to save them and I was like no it doesn't do that for you when you revert back you loose all the data from Win10 setup going backward to Win8.1. That's the reality check she never thought clearly before doing something like this.

10 let's you keep them, but you have to choose so.

I did delete and remove the old Anydvd HD but it still creatd the Slysoft folder for it not the RedFox folder I thought so when I reimage my computer I will only remove CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile to reinstall into the RedFox folder...

I did delete and remove the old Anydvd HD but it still creatd the Slysoft folder for it not the RedFox folder I thought so when I reimage my computer I will only remove CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile to reinstall into the RedFox folder...
Odd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you one and all. The Vista 64 bit download worked on my Windows 10 computer just like it did on my Windows 7. I see now that I should have been using this forum all along. Thanks again, Like Arnold says: I'll be back.

glad i could help. Enjoy the 2nd life of that printer ^^

glad i could help. Enjoy the 2nd life of that printer ^^

I purchased a lifetime subscription from SlyFox just before the changeover. This sub's help and the RedFox discount certainly make up for the extra cash outlay.

Odd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I know I thought it would change to RedFox folder Anydvd HD but it remained Slysoft Anydvd HD. I'll find out later when I reimage my system and uninstall and delete Anydvd HD to reinstall with CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile to see if they do all go to a RedFox folder or not and report that back. But CC, CDm did install in a RedFox folder that I know of.

Back