• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Comparing Copying a BD Folder/File Structure Directly to BDR and Burning from a BD ISO File

Big C

Using the Windows burning utility, what is the difference between (I) (A) with hidden and system files and folders shown and AnyDVDHD running, using the Windows file utility to copy a loaded commercial BD's folder/file structure to the harddrive/SSD, (B) loading a blank BDR, (C) opening the BD folder I just copied, (D) selecting all content, (E) right clicking on it, and (F) clicking burn to disc, and (II) (A) having AnyDVDHD create an ISO from a loaded commercial BD, (B) loading a blank BDR, (C) right clicking on that ISO, and (D) choosing to burn the image to the blank BDR?

Last edited:
Huh... You haven't understood the whole story. Commercial discs often exceed the capcity of discs you can burn. I suggest:

Rip the disc to image (ISO) with AnyDVD.
If you want to burn, you should reduce the size with CBD to either 25GB or 50GB.
25GB is easy, for 50GB discs you need very good BD-R discs and you should burn with a Pioneer drive at 2x. LG drives are no good and produce issues at the layer break.

Personally I suggest to get an Oppo clone media player. You can also check NVIDIA shield. Then play the ISOs from hard drive / SSD and don't burn discs.

Huh... You haven't understood the whole story. Commercial discs often exceed the capcity of discs you can burn. I suggest:

Rip the disc to image (ISO) with AnyDVD.
If you want to burn, you should reduce the size with CBD to either 25GB or 50GB.
25GB is easy, for 50GB discs you need very good BD-R discs and you should burn with a Pioneer drive at 2x. LG drives are no good and produce issues at the layer break.

Personally I suggest to get an Oppo clone media player. You can also check NVIDIA shield. Then play the ISOs from hard drive / SSD and don't burn discs.
I'm not talking about 4K UHD Blu-rays, or I would have posted in the 4K UHD Blu-ray section. I have a Pioneer BDR-212UBK. I have three Region B Blu-rays, each recorded on 50GB discs, and I would like to make a modified region free or multiregion copy of each one copy to a blank 50GB BDR so I could play them on my Sony UBP-X800M2 North American USA/Canada model.

Last edited:
When I tried Method I, my burn was interrupted and the BDR was ejected. I didn't want to try method II right away in case the built-in Windows utility has trouble recognizing the second layer of BDRDLs. I only have nine blank BDRs left. I'm using Optical Quantum 50GB BDRs. They were one of the only ones I could find shipped from and sold by Amazon. I was going to first launch AnyDVDHD and then try using Imgburn's "Read" mode to create an ISO, and then Imgburn's "Write" mode to burn the modified copy, but I'm not sure if Imgburn would prevent AnyDVDHD from making the region modifications I want to make. There are so many settings and options in Imgburn which I don't understand. I am sight impared and can't use a physical mouse. In addition to Imgburn and the built-in Windows disc burning utility, are there any keyboard friendly Blu-ray DL burning solutions which will work with the built-in Narrator and/or Nonvisual Desktop Access (NVDA) screenreaders? Although it would be cool if AnyDVDHD gets an option to properly burn ISOs it creates to BDRDLs.

Hi @Big C

It sounds like you have a dilemma with going the route of copying BD's to recordable BD's. Keep in mind those recordable discs have a very short shelf life.

My advice is to use CloneBD to slim down the contents of the BD you wish to burn, instead of ripping 100% of your source BD with AnyDVD HD. Using CloneBD, you can select just the movie, your preferred audio track and subtitles only, thus excluding everything else you don't want, like special features, multiple language audio tracks, etc.

This will usually get you down to about 15-25GB's in size backed up in a BDMV folder which can later be used to either play the movie back (check out Infuse for iOS) or burned to disc using compatible software.

One thing to note is that if you Copy/Paste from one disc to another in Windows, this will only create a "data disc" and not compiled as a media disc which is what you want to achieve.

I'd look to YouTube for people already copying BD's of their movies.

Best of luck...

I forget how much detail Microsoft Narrator and Nonvisual Desktop Access gave me when I tried Clone BD a long time ago. From what I remember, I don't think it was enough for me to use it. If I ever have to do this again, I guess I'll give it a try, and if it doesn't work, no loss. I successfully burned a region free version of each disc included in my Region B British "Hellraiser" boxed set to three 50GB BDRDLs using Imgburn's read mode while AnyDVDHD was running, rebooted, chose the Write mode in Imgburn, selected the ISO, clicked File>Write, and Voilà! They play on my Sony UBP-X800M2 North America US/Canada model player.

Back