• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

combining multiple files to create one file for backup

lmc

I have a question that I will pose to you privately (because I am unsure of how often you check your email) and the same ??? to the forum.

I have two DVD files, two very short movies that I would like to backup onto one disc - once I get the files on my puter harddrive, how can I use CloneDVD or Slysoft products to burn the two .iso files onto the one blank dvd?

If this matters, the primary movie is on one side of the disc ("Seventh Heaven" - 1927 resotration version of this silent short, Janet Gaynor starring) and there is an additional silent short on the "B" side of this disc that I would like to backup, also - but want to keep them on one disc and believe that both would actually fit on one side of my blank media.

Or, if they won't fit on one side and there is no way to use Slysoft products to combine both files (or merge them into one) so that I can place them on the one side of the blank dvd for back-up - how would I burn a dual layer backup dvd? (please recall that the original has a movie "short" on each side of the dvd).

Thank you for your help - lmc

No Slysoft or Elaborate Bytes product can do what you are seeking. I'm moving this thread to the Third Party forum where you may receive more responses for other alternatives.

Thanks, Profcolli!
one question for you - just checking this out with you since the link that you sent to me mentions copying only the main movie and not the extras or menus, but I should be ale to put the extras and menu for each side of the original disc on one disc, too? Since this is a restoration of very old, classic, silent films (one film + extras for each - one film and extras an each side of the original disc).
I don't want to lose the extras and would like to preserve the menus, if possible.
Any words of advise?
Thank you for your time and input - lmc OhCrudd@gmail.com

Thanks Profcolli! :bowdown:

Extras but no menus - doing it this way did not allow menus to be transferred. A small price to pay, as far as I am concerned.
lmc
You're welcome! Unfortunately full menu functionality in re-author mode was never one of DvdShrink's capabilities.
Once you have the 2 (unprotected) movies joined (with extras), you can create your own menus using many different DVD authoring tools.

Back