• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Collier & Co. Hot Pursuit

@ sheilau,

This is an erroneous assumption.

Just because you have tried three different original Collier & Co. Hot Pursuit Commercial DVD Movie disks and all three have similar problems is not unusual. In this day and age of mass production it is not unusual for a manufacture to keep on spitting out defectively manufactured products. In the Commercial DVD Movie arena it is a well-documented fact that Quality Control is almost inexistent.

I have been in both Blockbuster and Wall Mart and have seen numerous customers standing in line returning the same defective Commercial DVD Movie titles. So having numerous defective copies of particular Commercial DVD Movie title is not an unusual event.

Regards,
Coaster

I recently purchased a movie which was a sequel. I fully expected the sequel to suck because I knew what the story was about but I liked the original movie so I purchased it anyway. In the end it was free because I had a gift card.

I returned the disc 10 times. While the first disc definitely was probably the worst of the bunch because the center of the disc [the edges of the center hole] was damaged by the nub that held the disc in place in the package the simple fact is the studio really really skimped on quality for this release. The media used for the release is garbage and they likely were likely fully aware of that and just don't care. It's all about money. In the end, I kept the 11th disc and had already successful backup even though the original was of poor quality. I'll save the backup in the original DVD case and likely either use the original as the one I use for normal playing when it gets watched or I'll use the freakin' thing as a coaster for a drink. Yeah, it's really that bad and I'm really that annoyed.

Bad discs are far more common these days than they used to be and the Industry is skimping and cutting corners in many ways when it comes to production, IMHO, while wasting more money on idiotic ways to protect these releases that are abysmal in quality.

1. Post the .ifos. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

2. Post the Anydvd status screen. (ones have been posted before, yes--but I would like to see yours). I would also like to see Wolf's Den's Anydvd status screen from the original disc.

3. It's not unusual for a number of badly pressed original discs to be released.

No css and region free is rather odd, however . . .

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24 MY0M97537015957502IC
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3879885 sectors (7577 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Collier & Co. Hot Pursuit
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Never have had to send a status report before so was not sure which files to send

Attachments

• COLLIER_CO_HOT_PURSUIT_US.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 3
  • COLLIER_CO_HOT_PURSUIT_US2.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 4
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24 MY0M97537015957502IC
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3879885 sectors (7577 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Collier & Co. Hot Pursuit
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Never have had to send a status report before so was not sure which files to send

Just the .ifos are fine. Thanks for posting. I do suspect this is a case of a bad original disc here, but if James decides to take a look he'll know for sure.

Back