Codename The Cleaner - CSS issues

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by enrage, Apr 25, 2007.

1. enrage

enrage New Member

Using latest update to Anydvd and it brought up a message after scanning the disc. Message stated that it didnt find the correct CSS keys and it would guess. Playback couldn't be guaranteed.
    I'm guessing Slysoft is aware of this new release and this new issue...right?

2. sheep

sheep Well-Known Member

To answer your question: In general it works, when anydvd guesses the key.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

It's not a "new issue". The issue is your reader's region code needs to match the region of the disc. Otherwise, as sheep stated, ignore the the message, and things will probably still work.

4. enrage

enrage New Member

Ok, thanks. I did check the region code in the anydvd settings and it does match the region code on the disc.
    I just never seen this message before.

thanks

5. Webslinger

The region code of your reader/optical drive (not anydvd) must match the region code of the original disc.

Do step 8 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I backed up the region 1 version of this disc and got no such message. But as usual there are different protection in different regions. I am sure it will work, just ignore that message.:agree:

7. steve61617

steve61617 Well-Known Member

enrage, I got the same message just ignore the message. I copyed the movie and it played fine.

8. enrage

enrage New Member

Thanks. just to make sure, i tried it on another pc and i didnt get the message.

9. Webslinger

That's because the region code on the drive matches the region code on the disc in that system.

10. Fred0149

Fred0149 Well-Known Member

I was able to make a back-up, also with no problem:D

11. Bunnyrip2

Bunnyrip2 Well-Known Member

I have gotten this message a few time, I ignored it and the movies backed up & played back just fine.:agree: It IS just because the region codes don't match up. However, since Slysoft's AnyDVD makes the discs region free, I don't see why it happens. My optical drives will remain region code free. I like it that way.

12. djamesh@juno.com

djamesh@juno.com New Member

code name the cleaner

I tryed other movies an they are css protected in windows XP but tryed it on a windows 98 2nd edition an it is not css protected only Xp does it ??????

13. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

The operating system doesn't have anything to do with removing copy protection. That is what AnyDVD does. Whichever computer you have that is running AnyDVD is the one that is removing the copy protection.

14. Webslinger

Again, the optical drive's region code must match the region on the disc to avoid seeing that error message in Anydvd.

15. djamesh@juno.com

djamesh@juno.com New Member

code name the cleaner

how do you set the region ?????

16. Webslinger

1.Exit Anydvd.

2. Right click My Computer-->properties-->hardware-->device manager-->dvd/cd-rom drives-->whatever your drive is-->right click and select "properties"-->select "Dvd region". Select the appropriate country and make the change. Do this without Anydvd running.

3. Run Anydvd