• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Code didn't break

Why is it so hard for people to actually answer questions or follow directions? Too many people simply post that they can't copy a disc and then never do anything that is asked of them. You can't be helped if you don't provide information.

AnyDVD has absolutely no problem this this disc. Since the disc makes use of the X-Protect copy protection system it is necessary to rip the disc to your HDD using the AnyDVD ripper before using Nero Recode or DVD Shrink. Process the resulting output on your HDD with either of these two programs.

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.07 08/18/0715:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2049312 sectors (4002 MBytes)
Total size: 4046168 sectors (7902 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: EL_CANTANTE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here are the properties for the ripped disc on my HDD:

That's within the size of a standard DVD-9 and is, of course, a full-disc rip. That's 7.57 GB. The original disc's VIDEO_TS folder showed up as 11.6 GB with it's corrupted UDF file system.

The ripped disc plays w/o flaws from the HDD. I see no reason why it won't play when burned properly to a good quality (ie Verbatim) blank.

Edit: It goes without saying that CloneDVD handles this disc just fine when used with AnyDVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_Y_EL_CANTANTE.zip
    148.7 KB · Views: 2
El Cantante log

Hello, I just wanted to attach the zip file with the issue as logged on my computer. I too experienced the same issues as many have posted.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_EL_CANTANTE.zip
    148.1 KB · Views: 4
Hello, I just wanted to attach the zip file with the issue as logged on my computer. I too experienced the same issues as many have posted.

As you can see, the post before yours (which I copied into this thread for reference purposes) clearly indicates Anydvd handles this disc perfectly fine.

If you're not using Clonedvd, you will have to use Anydvd ripper. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 and read fully

Also you have a couple of items installed on your system, which can cause conflicts with Anydvd, notably dvd43, which is pretty useless. Uninstall it.

@ gristlefist,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you thoroughly review this thread you will see that AnyDVD v6.1.9.4 process the EL CANTANTE DVD which means that something in your Computer Configuration is preventing AnyDVD from functioning correctly. Suggest reviewing Forum Member DrinkLyeAndDie #22 posting.

For Troubleshooting Purposes it is an excellent idea to Completely remove Any and All DVD For Free/Oak Technology/Sonic Solutions software programs from your computer until it is Firmly Established what is causing your problem. Failure to do so will prevent effective and efficient Troubleshooting of your problem.

Also in reviewing the data posted in your #23 Forum posting it is noted that your NEC ND-6500A has version 2.03C Firmware and it appears that there is a newer more current up to date Firmware available ->

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1920

http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/6500.html

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-6500A/

Regards,
Coaster

Last edited:
It is also possible 6.1.9.5 which is not ready yet will fix a problem he has. It is also possible he have a different version of the movie as i already saw for one film in the same country 2 different versions. They were the same in content and name.

It is also possible 6.1.9.5 which is not ready yet will fix a problem he has. It is also possible he have a different version of the movie as i already saw for one film in the same country 2 different versions. They were the same in content and name.

No. It's the same protection, and it's region 1. 6.1.9.5 beta is just a HD-DVD and Blu-ray update.

@Webslinger

About 40 minutes later i had known this and wouldn't have mentioned the latest beta.

X-Protect copy protection. I'm taking it that this is the newest encoding they are using. Is that way with clone it gave me everything but the movie? will the new anydvd update correc tthat or would it have to be a new clone update. Sorry new to the forum

also the copy i bought it wouldn't play on my laptap either, but worked fine on my dvd player any reason why?

X-Protect copy protection. I'm taking it that this is the newest encoding they are using. Is that way with clone it gave me everything but the movie? will the new anydvd update correc tthat or would it have to be a new clone update. Sorry new to the forum

You should always be using the latest version of Anydvd.

also the copy i bought it wouldn't play on my laptap either, but worked fine on my dvd player any reason why?

That's probably due to the protection on the disc. But if should play if you have the latest Anydvd running in the background.

Back