• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cobra Kai on Netflix

I've been waiting to download The Man From U.N.C.L.E. for a while now so I checked it out based on your report, but the only free version I see on APV (including IMDb) is the recent re-boot / remake, not the original 1960's series (which is what I want). Are you seeing the original series free now? Amazon still wants to charge me an arm and a leg for it.

By the way - honestly now - how many more re-boots / remakes do we need? Has Hollywood totally run out of original ideas?

If it's a remake by Guy Ritchie, and especially with this cast, then we need it. Don't knock it if you haven't seen it - like most of his work, it's dead clever, exciting, fast-paced, well-scored, and a perfect take on both the Cold War 60's era and the original series - I strongly recommend it.

Do you really think creative geniuses like Marty Scorsese have run dry?
Rather than Hollywood "running out of ideas," it's actually an issue of Hollywood changing since 1974, when the first real blockbuster, "Jaws," debuted, and H'wood started pandering to that market and refusing to back films that won't bring a massive return on an initial bloated special-effects investment. It means not wanting to finance ideas that won't be hugely marketable overseas, specifically China, so that results in movies where the emphasis is totally on action, and the bigger, the better. The drive now is not only to recoup the original outlay in the US, but clean up big in China - and as the Chinese are now creating their own CGI blockbusters and only something like 10 foreign films are allowed to be shown there annually, the competition to get part of that massively lucrative market is huge. Which is why movies today are, as Scorsese termed them, "theme-park rides" - and why he went to Netflix to make "The Irishman" after he couldn't get any backers in Hollywood to finance the costly de-aging effects he wanted. And he paid the price for that, at Oscar time.

Last edited:
If it's a remake by Guy Ritchie, and especially with this cast, then we need it. Don't knock it if you haven't seen it - like most of his work, it's dead clever, exciting, fast-paced, well-scored, and a perfect take on both the Cold War 60's era and the original series - I strongly recommend it.
Wasnt Guy Ritchie married to or Madonna's boyfriend at one point?

If it's a remake by Guy Ritchie, and especially with this cast, then we need it. Don't knock it if you haven't seen it ...

In fact I haven't but I will give it a look. Heck, I may even like it. But I want the 60's version on my Plex server. But now let's look at how many Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Hulk, and Star trek reboots are clogging the entertainment metaverse.

When it comes to film (for me anyway) the studios were at their peaks in the 30's, 40's and 50's (and Television peaked in the late 50;s through early 1970's - though I do love the Must-See TV shows from NBC in the early 80's, and some great 90's sitcoms like Frasier, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and yeah I'm a big fan of The Sopranos)... as to film styles Film-Noir just can't be beat. I actually preferred the theatrical release version of Blade-Runner with its Harrison Ford character voice-over (an homage to Noir at it's best)... and a 1980's Noir-like title called Body Heat.

Do I like more recent big screen block buster series like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean, and all the great Pixar releases like Toy Story and The Incredibles - not to mention just about anything with Will Ferrell? Certainly. Entertaining to the max. And there are sooooo many great 80's movies on my Plex server (Back to the Future, WarGames, all the John Hughes coming of age rom-coms, etc) But we've lost something in story telling.

Sometimes I feel like I was born out of time - I identify more with the 40's (20 years before I was born) than I do any time since. Just me, I guess. Carry on. To each his/her own.

Last edited:
I recently read a article that posits it's not that they've run out of ideas, it's they've found that the masses are happier with the familiar. I don't know how true it is...

As long as the masses are spending money and time to watch it, they will continue to produce the remakes. it's also why you usually see similar movies coming out one after the other. I remember in the 70's it was disaster movies, like The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, and the series of Airport movies made. And now, we have a bunch of series coming out based on popular movies, but not too long ago it was the other way around - Movies came out based on old TV series (The Addams Family, 21 Jump Street, etc.).

In fact I haven't but I will give it a look. Heck, I may even like it. But I want the 60's version on my Plex server. But now let's look at how many Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Hulk, and Star trek reboots are clogging the entertainment metaverse.

When it comes to film (for me anyway) the studios were at their peaks in the 30's, 40's and 50's (and Television peaked in the late 50;s through early 1970's - though I do love the Must-See TV shows from NBC in the early 80's, and some great 90's sitcoms like Frasier, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and yeah I'm a big fan of The Sopranos)... as to film styles Film-Noir just can't be beat. I actually preferred the theatrical release version of Blade-Runner with its Harrison Ford character voice-over (an homage to Noir at it's best)... and a 1980's Noir-like title called Body Heat.

Do I like more recent big screen block buster series like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean, and all the great Pixar releases like Toy Story and The Incredibles - not to mention just about anything with Will Ferrell? Certainly. Entertaining to the max. And there are sooooo many great 80's movies on my Plex server (Back to the Future, WarGames, all the John Hughes coming of age rom-coms, etc) But we've lost something in story telling.

Sometimes I feel like I was born out of time - I identify more with the 40's (20 years before I was born) than I do any time since. Just me, I guess. Carry on. To each his/her own.

I think you'll enjoy it - Ritchie almost always delivers, and he nailed this one, right down to the music. Pay close attention to the dossiers being shown at the end credits, especially for Hugh Grant's MI-5 character. It's attention to detail like that that makes Ritchie a gem among storytellers.

The word you left out was "franchise" - because the investment now is so huge, Hollywood doesn't gamble any more, so they take a sure thing like nostalgic TV shows and everything Stan Lee ever thought of and essentially beat it to death. I also enjoy blockbusters - but a steady diet of those, with nothing else? You get sick of it. Of course there's been a loss in story telling - how can there not have been when the industry has essentially sold out to Marvel? I think "Knives Out" was the last gasp of the sort of CGI-free film with intricate plot, great dialogue, and ensemble cast that used to pack houses back in the day.
I'm about 10 years older than you and saw both "Blade Runner" and "Body Heat" in the theater when they were first released, so you aren't alone in your love of noir.

Last edited:
S4E1 seems to work (and in 1080p) with this most recent update - though the others are still limited in resolution options and still experience the issue around the 2min mark.

S4E1 seems to work (and in 1080p) with this most recent update - though the others are still limited in resolution options and still experience the issue around the 2min mark.
I decided to take AnyStream 1.3.0.0 for a test drive just now downloading Season 4. Each episode was available at "1920x1080" with "640 kbps DD+ 5.1 HQ 6 channel" audio. Along the way I spot checked each episode after the given downloaded completed. No issues with the video after the 2 minute mark. Each episode played clean from start to finish so download with confidence. (y)

I decided to take AnyStream 1.3.0.0 for a test drive just now downloading Season 4. Each episode was available at "1920x1080" with "640 kbps DD+ 5.1 HQ 6 channel" audio. Along the way I spot checked each episode after the given downloaded completed. No issues with the video after the 2 minute mark. Each episode played clean from start to finish so download with confidence. (y)

Not so with me. Best I get is 1280x720 (seasons 1-4). I will keep waiting for fixes (US Netflix)

D/loaded complete Cobra Kai Season 2 and 4 with no problems at 1080, with 1.3.0.0... Including the After party...

Good deal, thanks. Confirmed the same - no issues.

Back