• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cobra Kai on Netflix

Thin Man

I understand that people are working on getting this fixed, but most recent posts have been around issues with AP and a search of Cobra Kai on the forum turned up issues using AP to access the content. The issue also seems to be happening with Netflix: attempted to download different episodes individually of season 4 of Cobra Kai on Netflix and told "Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream." I also checked prior seasons of Cobra Kai on Netflix and I am able to download those. I understand that newer material is the stuff most people are having difficulty with (and I'm not overly surprised to get this error) but wanted to provide the log file to help the development team find a workaround.

Thanks for what you do.

Attachments

• netflix-Cobra Kai_S04E01_Let's Begin.astlog
    450 KB · Views: 0
Thinking maybe the release notes should be updated again - saying more than AP is not working?

There is a competing app where it does work.. but their site has been offline for 4 days now. I wouldn't expect them to be coming back with how poor the support has been for the last year.
Watch it live for now (well worth it), and add it to the list of future gets.
Or sail the seven seas, it's all over there.

I understand that people are working on getting this fixed, but most recent posts have been around issues with AP and a search of Cobra Kai on the forum turned up issues using AP to access the content. The issue also seems to be happening with Netflix: attempted to download different episodes individually of season 4 of Cobra Kai on Netflix and told "Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream." I also checked prior seasons of Cobra Kai on Netflix and I am able to download those. I understand that newer material is the stuff most people are having difficulty with (and I'm not overly surprised to get this error) but wanted to provide the log file to help the development team find a workaround.

Thanks for what you do.

I just got an "unable to decrypt this stream" for the first time ever with Netflix for "Midnight in Paris," so it's not restricted to this series. I'm 99 44/100% sure this is new content for NF since January 1, so the AP issues for encrypted new content looks like it might not be confined to AP. Logfile attached.

Also got the same sort of NF-type corrupted download of "I, Tonya" with Hulu, but this one had both video AND audio corruption. Tried again, same result. Logfile attached.

As for AP, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" was previously a pay/rent selection, and is now imdb free. Still came up "unable to decrypt." Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.3 netflix midnight in paris decrypt.astlog
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.2.8.3 hulu - I tonya corrupted video & audio.astlog
    912.7 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.2.8.3 man from uncle decrypt.astlog
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Last edited:
I just got an "unable to decrypt this stream" for the first time ever with Netflix for "Midnight in Paris," so it's not restricted to this series. I'm 99 44/100% sure this is new content for NF since January 1, so the AP issues for encrypted new content looks like it might not be confined to AP. Logfile attached.

Also got the same sort of NF-type corrupted download of "I, Tonya" with Hulu, but this one had both video AND audio corruption. Tried again, same result. Logfile attached.

As for AP, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" was previously a pay/rent selection, and is now imdb free. Still came up "unable to decrypt." Logfile attached.
with 1284
Midnight.png

I lied. no video after 2 mins. Didn't notice until after the 3rd episode.

I lied. no video after 2 mins. Didn't notice until after the 3rd episode.
I just tried Season 4 the latest episode and you are correct no video after the 2 minute mark.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.4.astlog
    616.6 KB · Views: 2
Not that it needs any further confirmation but I have the same issue. I'm sure the developers will look into it. I doubt they need more logs but if they do I can provide one.

I saw that others were having difficulty with Cobra Kai on NF, even with 1.2.8.4, but figured I'd give it a try. Same as everyone else: two minutes in and lose the video (although audio is still there). Attached is the log file.

Attachments

• netflix-Cobra Kai_S04E01_Let's Begin.astlog
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I downloaded a clean copy of Season 4 already. I cheated behind AnyStream's back with the Sloth, but I'll download an episode or two of this using AnyStream 1.2.8.4 as I'd like to see this "no video past 2 minutes" myself. Guess I've just been lucky. I've downloaded a number of items using AnyStream 1.2.8.0-1.2.8.3 without issue so far. So anyway, here goes. Installing the latest and greatest now so that I can attempt to replicate. Wish me luck!

As for AP, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" was previously a pay/rent selection, and is now imdb free. ...

I've been waiting to download The Man From U.N.C.L.E. for a while now so I checked it out based on your report, but the only free version I see on APV (including IMDb) is the recent re-boot / remake, not the original 1960's series (which is what I want). Are you seeing the original series free now? Amazon still wants to charge me an arm and a leg for it.

By the way - honestly now - how many more re-boots / remakes do we need? Has Hollywood totally run out of original ideas?

Has Hollywood totally run out of original ideas?

I recently read a article that posits it's not that they've run out of ideas, it's they've found that the masses are happier with the familiar. I don't know how true it is...

I recently read a article that posits it's not that they've run out of ideas, it's they've found that the masses are happier with the familiar. I don't know how true it is...
I do think that there is some truth to that, but it is not the entire story. I am really enjoying Cobra Kai. They are telling a good story. It is much better than the Karate Kid movies. On the other hand, while I am not in the "it was the worst movie ever made" crowd, the new Matrix movie was not very good. There was no reason for the movie. The story did not need to be told and it was a mediocre story. I would prefer new stories, but I am happy with a good continuation of an old story, the key word being good. The problem is that they will put out a crap remake, then blame the fans for not liking it.

Remakes or continuations of existing IPs are considered to be more safe for production companies. Its simply a risk taking mechanism, as there are millions to hundreds of millions of dollars on the line for each film, and production houses aren't going to cut back on production.

Remakes or continuations of existing IPs are considered to be more safe for production companies. Its simply a risk taking mechanism, as there are millions to hundreds of millions of dollars on the line for each film, and production houses aren't going to cut back on production.

Yeah, that's what the article said.

Back