• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CNY ? My credit card statement shows chinese currency after VISA purchase

jarod

I saw US Dollar as currency during the VISA purchase and on my bill, why do I see CNY in my credit card statement now ? Exchange rate for CNY resulted in 92 € for LTL plus banking fees.

Simple, they can't go around and display estimated amounts for every possible currency in the world. They just list the currency for the source and 2nd most used currency in the world. $ your bank simply did a straight conversion from eur to cny. That's a bank policy, redfox has no control over that.

Nope, it was not my bank. The credit card got charged against CNY. My bank only converted this into €. US Dollars were not involved at all. Looks like this is linked with the payment construction you created :) I don't want to know details it would just have been nice to know which currency we get charged against. I hope I will not get the US Dollar charge on top.

Nope, it was not my bank. The credit card got charged against CNY.

That actually makes sense now that I think about it. The actual billing comes from one of (at least) 3 or 4 Chinese shell companies.
It's hard to sell the product Redfox makes straight up. (Just ask Slysoft - LOL)
-W

Your bank always coverts foreign currency to local one for the actual transaction. If I were to buy something in cny, I'd see on the purchase price cny but on the statement a conversion from cny to eur.

Back