• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Closed Captions to Subtitles conversion

cgb

I know this is probably not possible with CloneDVD yet, but this would be a nice feature to have. My problem: Since english is not my mother-language, I like to read the subtitles along while watching a movie, this helps a lot in understanding the movies, especially if actors mumble, talk fast, etc. A lot of discs have english language subtitles ONLY as Closed Captions and not as a DVD-subtitle-track. I can't imagine leaving off one tiny subtitle track saves a lot of disc-space, but that's the way it is with most sitcom DVDs (Frasier and NewsRadio for example). My DVD-player does not have a Close Captions-decoder and watching on the PC just isn't the same.

There are some tools around the net to convert Captions to Subtitles, but I did not find anything that doesn't at least require 8-10 steps to do this task which seems rather simple. CloneDVD seems the right program for me to provide such a feature. Or does anyone on the board know of a simpler solution that can already be used today?

Back