• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question closed caption question?

Genixx

Is there a setting that grabs the closed caption? i know i can download subtitles.. but, some video if there are people speaking a foreign language and they add the titles in.. i have to turn on subtitles to see what said. Am i missing a setting or do i just have to live with it?

Is there a setting that grabs the closed caption? i know i can download subtitles.. but, some video if there are people speaking a foreign language and they add the titles in.. i have to turn on subtitles to see what said. Am i missing a setting or do i just have to live with it?
In RedFox 1's example there's a forced subtitle track available, i.e. "English forced narrative". It will contain only the forced subtitles. If the given stream doesn't offer a forced subtitle track the forced subtitles might be burned in to the video. They could also be flagged within the primary subtitle track instead. This would result in them being displayed even if subtitles were turned off. (Well, depending on what you're using to play the content.) And of course there may just not be any even if there should be. It's a total crapshoot with streaming content unlike DVD and Blu-ray which are actual formats.

It's a total crapshoot with streaming content
True. If there is no need for forced subs, they at least could implement a flag like there are no other languages etc. So I know ok I don't even need to bother looking for it, since I don't need it for this movie.

Back