• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cloning DVD-RW TV recordings

Sonof

Hi all,

Can you advise me if CloneCD can create images of DVD-RW TV recordings?

These have been made with a Sony HDD in "VR Mode".

I've tried to make images with CloneCD. It gives no error messages but creates a tiny file in a few seconds, rather than a full image of 4.7 Gb or so.

I don't have AnyDVD, but these aren't copywrited recordings, so I don't think I need it.
I want to make 1:1 images, so I think CloneCD is what I need, rather than CloneDVD.

I'd be grateful for any advice! :confused:

Hi all,

I've tried to make images with CloneCD. It gives no error messages but creates a tiny file in a few seconds, rather than a full image of 4.7 Gb or so.

I don't have AnyDVD, but these aren't copywrited recordings, so I don't think I need it.
I want to make 1:1 images, so I think CloneCD is what I need, rather than CloneDVD.

P.S. This is with CloneCD 5.3.1.4 on Windows 7.

Hi all,

First you need to be sure they aren't protected did you play back the recorded video on a computer just to see how they play? Little confuse here you saved it on the sony VR HDD and created a dvd-rw burn then? Did the sony have the option to burn to dvd-rw? You don't know sometimes stream have their DRM encoded and only that player will play that stream but not your computer player. CloneCD can create a DVD but if that video is not dvd format or ISO format to burn it won't work. You will need a program to convert that stream into a DVD format to burn or DVD image to burn onto a dvd.

@Sonof
Image creation of DVD Recordings can be problematic for several reasons (improper finalization, Multisession, etc).

Better try CloneDVD, DVD Shrink 3.2 or the like.
Structure will change (or rather return to standard), but Video content-wise it should stay 1:1.

First you need to be sure they aren't protected did you play back the recorded video on a computer just to see how they play? Little confuse here you saved it on the sony VR HDD and created a dvd-rw burn then? Did the sony have the option to burn to dvd-rw? You don't know sometimes stream have their DRM encoded and only that player will play that stream but not your computer player. CloneCD can create a DVD but if that video is not dvd format or ISO format to burn it won't work. You will need a program to convert that stream into a DVD format to burn or DVD image to burn onto a dvd.

Thanks for replying :)

It's a HDD with DVD recorder, so it allows recordings to be burned to DVD-RW (amongst other formats).

The info about CloneCD says: "CloneCD is the perfect tool to make backup copies of your music and data CDs, regardless of standard conformity" and "Copies DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM".

So I assumed that it could make an image of my DVD-RW no matter what the content was. I'm guessing that's incorrect, but it's not clear what can or cannot be copied by CloneCD.

It's not that I wanted to watch the video on my PC - I wanted to back-up the DVD-RW.

If you by all means want an 1:1 image of a non-standard Video DVD:

Was does ImgBurn say about your DVD-RW ?
Open Read Mode in ImgBurn and insert your disc.
Does the 'Status' on the right say "Complete" ?
Also please click on the disc symbol with the question mark and post the Media Information.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you by all means want an 1:1 image of a non-standard Video DVD:

Was does ImgBurn say about your DVD-RW ?
Open Read Mode in ImgBurn and insert your disc.
Does the 'Status' on the right say "Complete" ?
Also please click on the disc symbol with the question mark and post the Media Information.

Thanks for the advice! Haven't had too much time to play around with it, but ImgBurn does at least make proper, full-sized image files. :)

Back