• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVDmobile to iPodTouch

ClinicalWaste

Never ever had a problem with any Slysoft products in all the years I have been using them, until I bought an iPod Touch.

Since October I have been trying to make copies of my Boxsets to iPod Touch format. mp4 files are created for every episode, however on nearly every disc I try at least one or two of the episodes is audio only with blank/black video.
I have tried 2 different PCs (Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and Windows XP SP2) with a combination of drives including a Pioneer DVD-106, Sony 710A, HP 840b and NEC-3500AG.
I have also tried Interlacing On/Off and Passes 1 or Passes 3.
Nothing works.

Disks I am having trouble with Include:
Chuck Season1 (R1)
Pushing Diasies Season1 (R2)
Flight of the Conchords (R1)
The Lone Gunmen (R1)
Father Ted Season2 (R2)
AmericanDad Season1 (R1)
and
Movie: Zohan (R1)

and others I cant recall just now..

Anyone have any ideas, or solutions would be most welcome.

I did try the version 1.5 briefly but video output was poor and often crashed when about 80% done,

Thanks.

Last edited:
Since October I have been trying to make copies of my Boxsets to iPod Touch format. mp4 files are created for every episode, however on nearly every disc I try at least one or two of the episodes is audio only with blank/black video.
I did try the version 1.5 briefly but video output was poor and often crashed when about 80% done.
Have you tried a different profile (e.g. generic divx) to see if you get audio only (on the same episodes)?

If yes, it may be one of those season discs that cause problems (search the forum for details, there are a few of them).

If no, then it is probably your system. Try doing only a few episodes at a time, instead of the whole disk.

Had a similar problem

with Rome... tried multiple times couldnt play the file. Then I tried 1 chap, it worked. I noticed there was a extra chap at the end of the episode that was causing problems(after the credits). So I converted 8/9 chaps and all is fine
--correction I actually dumped the credits to get it to work...

Last edited:
No Most of these disks I have copied (on both PCs) to 3gp files for various sony ericsson fones without a bother (except for audio sync issues probably due to poor fone processor). This iTouch profile however is getting very annoying, especially after tying up the pc for so long just to end up with recycle bin fodder.

I also tried one episode at a time but no difference. And dont want to go down the route of separate chapters as it is more akward for viewing

I've the exact same issue with Flight of the Conchords. I downloaded the trial version of AnyDvd 6.4.9.2 and Clone Dvd Mobile 1.2.01 to evaluate and have had no luck converting to either iPhone or iPod touch. Just get audio with black video.

Have successfully converted the same episodes using DVD Decrypter & Videora Ipod covertor.

Unless this issue can be resolved I certainly won't be purchasing the product.

Just for giggles, have you tried to use CloneDVD and configured output to Hard Disk, then do your mobile conversion on the Hard Disk files instead of the actual DVD? Something to try?

Just for giggles, have you tried to use CloneDVD and configured output to Hard Disk, then do your mobile conversion on the Hard Disk files instead of the actual DVD? Something to try?

Good thinking Batman. I have used CloneDVD successful to make 'backup copies'.
Will give it a try.

CW

ps Thanks for the heads up on Videora Ipod covertor MAtz. If this doesnt work I will try that

Audio shift using Ipod profile

Hello everyone,

I 'll translate this french post here, because i have no clue to help him/her.

So, Stekc uses clonedvd for more than two years, under XP sp2 computer. He/she uses clonedvd mobile to rip concert dvd to his/her ipod (classic 60Gb).

With the last version, there is a shift between audio and video (video arrives first, then audio).

What can he/she do, except reinstall a previous version ?

So TainterGate is either the smartest TainterGate in the world (in which case I take offence at your 'just for giggles' jibe) or I am just the retarded creature that everyone suspects.

Whatever, the answer is irrelevant because of Tainter G's exuberence it was a success. A bit of a pain having to rip twice with both CloneDVD and then CloneDVD mobile, but hey it works. :rock: on!

So TainterGate is either the smartest TainterGate in the world (in which case I take offence at your 'just for giggles' jibe) or I am just the retarded creature that everyone suspects.

Whatever, the answer is irrelevant because of Tainter G's exuberence it was a success. A bit of a pain having to rip twice with both CloneDVD and then CloneDVD mobile, but hey it works. :rock: on!

So you need to buy and use two products because CloneDVDMobile won't work properly? I hardly think this is a fix, workaround maybe but not a fix.

Sure, a workaround it is, but I dont care cause it works!!

CloneDVD rips for me to HDD in about 10:30mins for average movie so no big problem for any additional time wise. Already own both so no problem money wise.
I accept that Slysoft is not 100% perfect but the fact that keep ahead of the media fascists more than compensates.

CW

ps Attempting my first 50Gb BluRay movie 'backup' tonight.

Last edited:
Sure, a workaround it is, but I dont care cause it works!!

CloneDVD rips for me to HDD in about 10:30 for average movie so no big problem for any additional time wise. Already own both so no problem money wise.
I accept that Slysoft is not 100% perfect but the fact that keep ahead of the media fascists more than compensates.

CW

ps Attempting my first 50Gb BluRay movie 'backup' tonight.

Good luck. That is something I want to do in the near future. I hope after I get my Income Tax Refund (if I get one, that is) in the U.S. in a few months, that I'll have enough $$ saved up to upgrade my PC so I can have Blu-Ray, and to back up Blu-Ray discs.

:)

With AnyDVD HD running I successfully used RoxioCreator2009 to backup Hancock to a 50Gb BD-R disk.
Took over 2 1/2 hours for my little Sony Z1 laptop to do the 42Gb burn on its internal 2x BR-writer, and with the costs of blank 50Gb disks, the overall cost is a bit high (especially for a will smith movie) but I it was something that had to be done and tested.

:clap:

Okay...so I'm relatively new to SlySoft forum...but at some point will someone provide a fix? Any moderators out there? I'm having the same problem as the original poster....sound comes through but no video....tried multiple movies, two different laptops with different OS....same result.

I see others are successfully converting DVDs to iPod touch...so what gives? Should I be using a different setting? Need some help, please!!!

Baba

Okay...so I'm relatively new to SlySoft forum...but at some point will someone provide a fix? Any moderators out there? I'm having the same problem as the original poster....sound comes through but no video....tried multiple movies, two different laptops with different OS....same result.

I see others are successfully converting DVDs to iPod touch...so what gives? Should I be using a different setting? Need some help, please!!!

Baba

The guys have given you the answer, rip the movie to the hard drive first and then have CloneDVD Mobile take it from there.
I have Clone DVD already so I use that but nothing says you can't use the ripper in AnyDVD instead.

The guys have given you the answer, rip the movie to the hard drive first and then have CloneDVD Mobile take it from there.
I have Clone DVD already so I use that but nothing says you can't use the ripper in AnyDVD instead.

Sometimes the AnyDVD ripper works and sometimes it don't. CloneDVD will remaster, if the box is checked in preferences, and remove the fly from the ointment. At times AnyDVD will reproduce it in the rip and you wind up with the same issue.

Back