• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2 & Talladga Nights

gilmore1

CloneDVD2 & Talladega Nights

Using AnyDVD V.6.1.2.3 and CloneDVD2 I appear to make successful backups of Talladega Nights, 2006 release, Unrated version, Region 1, U.S.

However the backups are rendered with the Director's comments activated, and they cannot be switched off in the DVD's customary Special Features menu. The "off" selection appears to be accepted, but the commentary always accompanies playback.

I have read other posts on SlySoft where users have reported no problems backing up this Talladega DVD, but I cannot figure how to deny the Director's audio.

There is no separate Director's audio track, or I would deselect it.

I have rendered the Audio Streams output two ways: with English Dolby AC-3/6, or with English Dolby AC-3/2, but both yield the forced commentary. I have also toggled the Stream preferences from 2 to 6 channels, but neither yields a soundtrack without the Director babbling.

Suggestions, please.

thanks

AnyDVD Status
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
MEMOREX 16X-DDL-IN 1.A0 05100400
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Talladega_Nights
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 6 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
I have rendered the Audio Streams output two ways: with English Dolby AC-3/6, or with English Dolby AC-3/2, but both yield the forced commentary. I have also toggled the Stream preferences from 2 to 6 channels, but neither yields a soundtrack without the Director babbling.

1. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2690&postcount=4

2. there's a new version of Anydvd available:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1663

3. Keep in mind with some movies, you can't default to the proper audio channel without using the remote for your standalone dvd player--unless you include the menus (and I don't know if this is one example)

Last edited:
Updating to AnyDVD V.6.1.2.5 solved the problem. This version automatically detected the correct default audio Stream preferences in CloneDVD2, which were not 2 and not 6 channels; in fact neither needed to be selected to eliminate the forced Director's commentary. Deselecting both was one option I had not tried.
Regardless, with AnyDVD 6.1.2.5 installed, CloneDVD2 then sensed the requisite menu structure and left them both unchecked without my intervention.

Also, the Director's Commentary link:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...90&postcount=4

...which you suggested will be useful in similar situations.

Thanks!

Back