• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cloneDVD2 Having skipping problems at the end

stinman>=

I have any dvd 6113,cloneDVD2 2903,Dell E-310 2005 MCE XP 80g + 160g EX HD.Reader Sony DVD-ROM DDU1615 FDS2 Nov 11,2005.Writer HL-DT-ST DVD
+-RW GWA4164B D108 7-14-05.That is what any DVD says about my drives.
The Guardian, Snakes on a Plane, Desent,The Illousionists all skip at the end of the movie.: I used to always rip with any DVD and then burn with Clonedvd2,useing clone button and trimming off most extras and extra audio to get the quality bar in the green usually around 80 % and up.I read here and club cd freaks to rip with
clonedvd2,various different ways. I read chad junis posts here on this board and a couple others are having the same problem.It only seems like it has been in the last couple of weeks this has been happening.I used memorex and maxell blank media.I do not know how to get latest firmware for my drives. I only tried Dell and they
said they are up to date.I have Roxio media creator plus,it came with the
PC.Everything has been great almost a year now except last 4or 5 burns.
Seems like everything is skipping and or freezing at the end.I just wonder if it
has to do with the last updates for any DVD trying to make it work with vista. Any advice will be helpful Thank You in advance! Mark

Last edited:
I have any dvd 6113

This is an old version of Anydvd. Update to the latest please.

www.slysoft.com/download

I used to always rip with any DVD and then burn with Clonedvd2

Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

Also read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328

I used memorex and maxell blank media.

Use better blank media please (unless you're using Maxell Broadcast Quality or the Plus line)

If you want to use inferior blank media like you are using, try setting a custom size (clonedvd2 quality bar) of 4300.

I have Roxio media creator plus,it came with the
PC.

Uninstall any packet writing software that may be on your system. This includes direct cd.

Last edited:
skipping-to webslinger

I did not update to 6114 only because it seems to apply to flux protection only and I do not enconter this.DLA is the packet writeing software that comes with roxio and it is gone,has been for months. I have read these posts 8or9 times before I posted.The blank media has worked for at least
30 burns (this is memorex) I just bought the maxell and only used it on the Gaurdian of couarse it is a long movie.I am some what of a beginner.I need to clarify that I use clonedvd2 to rip and burn now.I have 2 drives if I try to do it all at one time it never works out,thats why I rip to hard drive and then burn.I never new the difference between the blank media because I never had any problem till now.I have had HP,verbateum,and fuji and the two I mentioned,are those inferior also?Thanks for your help,I will try more ways
until I get it right again! Mark

I did not update to 6114 only because it seems to apply to flux protection only and I do not enconter this.

6.1.1.3 has a bug in it that can wrongly detect flux protection where none exists. This can affect a number of different films. You should be using the lastest version of Anydvd.

The blank media has worked for at least
30 burns (this is memorex)

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=5256&postcount=20

I just bought the maxell

Again, unless you're using Maxell Broadcast Quality or the Maxell Plus series, I recommend staying away from this media.

I have 2 drives if I try to do it all at one time it never works out,

Ensure they are not sharing the same ide cable. If they are attached the same cable you will get slowdowns and very poor results.

I never new the difference between the blank media because I never had any problem till now.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

I would remove Verbatim (Prodisc) from that list. I have been having very poor results with it lately. Verbatim (CMC) is excellent. The Taiyo Yuden 8x line is very good as well.

Last edited:
I believe the memorex is my problem,seems maxell is ok

I burned some other movies with just the roxio and towards the end it did the same.If the media is under 3.8 g's it is fine for memorex.I would love to learn more about iso/udf images I just don't understand yet.If the custom
button gets set at 4300 and the quality bar is in the yellow ,what does that
mean?4300 means 4.3 gigabytes? Also ,the drives work fine and they are pretty quick,I bought the PC with 2 drives so I could copy disk to disk.Music
burns in minutes,I think it's just me and my errors causing something to happen when I try to use clonedvd2 (with Anydvd activated)and go from one
drive to the other with out ripping to hard drive.Thats what I want to learn?
Thank You again! Please forgive my dumbness in these subjects I touched my first PC back in 5-10-06,I have come a pretty good ways::) I got alot to go
Mark

I burned some other movies with just the roxio and towards the end it did the same.If the media is under 3.8 g's it is fine for memorex.

Memorex quality varies from disc to disc and batch to batch. Not all of it is horrible. But keep in mind low quality media almost always has problems with burn quality at the very end of the disc.

4300 means 4.3 gigabytes?

Well, basically. It means you're limiting how much space Clonedvd2 will use, so that you're not burning all the way to the end of the disc (where errors are prone to occur). If you buy good media, this shouldn't be an issue.

,I think it's just me and my errors causing something to happen when I try to use clonedvd2 (with Anydvd activated)and go from one
drive to the other with out ripping to hard drive.

That's pretty weird, because Clonedvd2 does process files (or rip and compress) to the hard drive first before burning anyway. I would check to ensure you didn't use the same cable to share two optical drives. If you made one drive master and the other slave on the same cable, this slows everything down between the two drives.

Last edited:
2 burners?

"Ensure they are not sharing the same ide cable. If they are attached the same cable you will get slowdowns and very poor results."
This qoute came from one of the posts, I have been using 2 drives, e to read and f to burn dual layers, memorax dl+. Should I be using just one? I have had some problems with the clones jamming in the middle of the movie with the memorax dl+, I think I will go back to verbatum.
Thanks

I set my clonedvd to burn at 4.3 gb prolly 2 yrs ago i leave it set there no matter what media i use. i did use memorex where it did seem to get choppy at the outer edge i have since started using Taiyo Yuden DVD Media for my backups and i still leave it set there because it works for me.

I set my clonedvd to burn at 4.3 gb prolly 2 yrs ago i leave it set there no matter what media i use. i did use memorex where it did seem to get choppy at the outer edge i have since started using Taiyo Yuden DVD Media for my backups and i still leave it set there because it works for me.

If it's real Taiyo Yuden you can probably do a full disc if you want, but if you're happy, then so am I. :)

Thanks

Thanks Webslinger long as it works we are all happy:) :)

Back