• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2 doesn't show the option to press 'go'

Mikemoves

Hi, my old 'xp' finally gave up the ghost about 3 months ago, and I just bought a desktop with windows 8. I have transferred the AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD2 to the new computer and used my lifetime keys to get them going. I slip in a movie and AnyDVDHD does its thing and then I open CloneDVD2. It retrieves the files and goes on to each page the way it is suppose to, but when I get to the last page, I can't press 'go'. The word 'go' is there, but doesn't have the option to press it. Nothing....just the word go. I tried redownloading CloneDVD2 but still nothing. I have the 2.9.3.3 version.

Hi, my old 'xp' finally gave up the ghost about 3 months ago, and I just bought a desktop with windows 8. I have transferred the AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD2 to the new computer and used my lifetime keys to get them going. I slip in a movie and AnyDVDHD does its thing and then I open CloneDVD2. It retrieves the files and goes on to each page the way it is suppose to, but when I get to the last page, I can't press 'go'. The word 'go' is there, but doesn't have the option to press it. Nothing....just the word go. I tried redownloading CloneDVD2 but still nothing. I have the 2.9.3.3 version.
Did you select an output method? Which did you choose? You may want to click "help" and take a peer into the manual.

Thanks James. I think this is the problem, but I don't know how to enter the name of my DVD writer?

You can't manually add the drive. Optical drives are auto-detected. For some reason CloneDVD thinks that there is no DVD writer connected to your system and hence will not let you continue.

According to CloneDVD there's no optical drive in your system? Do you have an internal drive or are you using an external drive? For external drives to be detected, they need to be attached to the system before you start the software.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks very much for the quick responses guys. Yes it is an internal drive. I think I will get a hold of my friend that built the computer for me and see what he has to say. He didn't have a DVD burner/player in it originally and put one in when I told him the specs I wanted. I'll let you guys know how this turns out for future reference in case someone else has this problem.

Last edited:
Check the cables, maybe they're badly/loosely connected or have come loose.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Just for clarification, AnyDVD detects the drive but CloneDVD does not?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes. AnyDVD did detect the drive, just CloneDVD was not. I was wondering that too, after I was in there jiggling wires, because on my old comp I had the problem of a bad connection but then DVD wouldn't detect it in the player at all. But now I have a bigger dilemma, my fox in the corner of my moniter, let me know an update was available, so I clicked on it and downloaded the new update 8.0.1.0. and now it says my key is not valid?

That's a different issue, 8.x are the first RedFox releases and need RedFox licenses. That has been known to be happening since the transition into RedFox

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Yes, I was just reading up on it. I knew there was trouble a while ago when I wasn't receiving any updates from slysoft for Anydvdhd. But I have been offline for a while with my comp being down, so I am just catching up. I wouldn't have been so fast to update if I had known, and would have got the CloneDVD2 issue fixed first. But now I have nothing cause it won't take my money either apparently. My bad. I guess I will have to wait until payments are in place then I can get back to why the CloneDVD2 is not working. Mean while Thanks and I will see if my friend would know why it's not reading the drive.

Ok, so because I had to transfer all my program files to my new comp, I still had the old AnyDVDHD 7.6.9.5 in the other hard drive, so I deleted the AnyDVDHD update and reinstalled the old one, so that I can figure out why CloneDVD2 will not give me the option to click on the 'go' button. I've checked all the wiring and cables and everything seems fine there. AnyDVDHD recognizes the DVD player and scans it fine. The CloneDVD2 selects and shows the Video TS's, the only thing wrong is the DVD burner is not showing up in the last window and then won't give me the option to press the 'go' button. Any suggestions?

The CloneDVD2 selects and shows the Video TS's, the only thing wrong is the DVD burner is not showing up

If CloneDVD is able to detect the drive and and read from it but does not allow you to use it to burn to disc.

Then you may have a DVD-Rom drive not a DVD-/+RW drive i.e. reader only not able to burn

What model drive is it ?? post an anydvd log file will allow us to see what drive you have if you dont know

So, AnyDVD & CloneDVD are perfectly capable of seeing and reading from the optical drive but cannot see the drive to then write data to?

Any change of posting a set of log files using AnyDVD, please?

Put a disc in the drive, right-click the fox icon, click on Create Logfile, wait for it to be generated and a pop-up will let you know when it's done, then post that as an attachment here.

@snakke Nice catch! That is indeed a possibility!

@Mikemoves as DLAD suggested. Please provide an anydvd logfile from a random disc. It may shed some light onto this problem

Ok, I think you guys might be on the right track here it is

Attachments

• Taken log.txt
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
Sadly, you're not :p that just a single file. Please attach the entire ziplog file.

Ok, hope this is it now

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_D_TAKEN_3.ziplog
    118.8 KB · Views: 4
Now we're getting somewhere and the problem has been identified.

Your drive: TSSTCORP DVD-ROM SH-D163B SB01 KREON V1.00

As you can see after the manufacturer tsstcorp it states 'dvd-rom'.

Basically you only have a reader, not a burner. Which is why CloneDVD can use it for reading discs but not burning. The drive can't burn, why there's no sense in CloneDVD listing a drive that can't do what you need it to do. Which is why CloneDVD doesn't list it.

Fix: get another drive, a burner this time :)

Back