• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2--Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

punkyfriend

I get this error when starting to create the DVD files for copy:
E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.
(File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB 23 PictureReader)

The details section of the error says:
"File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB 1117 TCSectorReader"

The DVD reads fine on my DVD player. What's going on? I just finished writing a different movie. Could it just be the DVD?

I hope your AnyDVD is version 6.1.9.6 beta. If not please upgrade, check anydvd forum for changelog and download.

It would be also good if you would tell us which movie do you try to copy.

Last edited:
Upgrading to AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 beta would probably do nothing for this particular error. The changes in the betas since the official release, Ver 6.1.9.3, were mostly for BD and HD discs. This is, in my opinion, a bad disc.

I recommend latest beta as he hasn't stated which version is he using.

This could be a bad disc, or an updated copy protection.

Betas are not Official releases for a reason. The beta release will do nothing, IMO, for him that the olatest official release won't do. Unless he is trying to rip a BD or HD disc.

Check the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed. If there are read errors then the problem is likely a bad disc but given that we have no real information I can only speculate. If the disc is bad return it for a replacement.

The details section of the error says:
"File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB 1117 TCSectorReader"

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

3. Why am I getting CRC, TCSectorReader, or read errors in general when Clonedvd tries to read a disc?

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

(Thanks to Charlie)

"It is possible the original movie you have has some bad sectors.

(Cyclic Redundancy Check) or CRC Error

This can happen on various reasons:

1) DVD media is dirty - you can try to clean it
2) DVD media is damaged, you have to replace it
3) Your drive is a region locked rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and try to read a DVD from a different region.
You can try to find a rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com
4) Your drive is an rpc2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. try to assign one, or try to find a rpc1 patched firmware.

The link that's there takes you to the firmware page.

Slysoft nor I will be held responsible for anything that goes wrong should you use firmware that is not officially supported by the brand of your burner. Use this stuff at your own discretion.

To find the firmware you currently have use Nero Infotool:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html#neroinfotool

If it's not scratched or dirty I suggest returning it and get another one due to the manufacturer bad press (burn). "

taken from
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1669766&postcount=2

I have AnyDVD version 6.1.0.1, & I'm trying to copy Ratatouille. I got another copy just to make sure it wasn't the disk, but they're both giving me the same error. All the other posters say not to upgrade to the latest, but, would the beta have any newer protection upgrades?

I have AnyDVD version 6.1.0.1, & I'm trying to copy Ratatouille. I got another copy just to make sure it wasn't the disk, but they're both giving me the same error. All the other posters say not to upgrade to the latest, but, would the beta have any newer protection upgrades?

(1) Did you check the disc for bad sectors using Nero CD-DVD Speed? If there are errors the disc is bad. It is possible for many bad discs to be produced and sold. I returned one movie that was bad 10 times and received 10 bad discs. Yes, it is possible, unfortunately. If you return a disc you aren't guaranteed to get a good disc. Make sure to then check the new disc as well.

(2) You are using AnyDVD 6.1.0.1? That's insanely outdated. Please update to AnyDVD 6.1.9.3 which is the latest official release. If you really wanted to you could update to the latest beta which is AnyDVD 6.1.9.9 beta.

I had the same problem with 24 season 6 disc 6 I tried everything on the forum nothing worked. It turned out to be my dvd drive was dirty. I don't know why it only happened to this one disc and not others but it fixed the problem for me. Give it a shot. Hope it works for you.

Back