• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2 2.9.12 and Honkey Tonk Man

v1nce

I am having problems with copying the RC1 DVD of Honkeytonk Man, I have tried 2 different DVDs and it bombs out at the same spot, File 1 S:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_5.VOB 23 TCSectorReader (sector 300879) on both DVDs of Honkey Tonk Man.

I am using ANYDVD 6.3.1.2 and CloneDVD2 v 2.9.15

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_S_HONKYTONK_MAN.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 2
1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

2. click the red fox icon on your toolbar. click the "default" button. click "ok"

"Remove annoying adverts and trailers" does not work properly with all discs.

3. There's no special protection on this disc--which means you either received two bad dvds or your drive is a poor reader and/or dying.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
Both discs of Honkey Tonk man bomb on the exact same sector, on *FOUR* different DVD drives (and 3 different computers) w/the ANYDVD you suggested and (and a few prior versions). It is NOT a dying drive or bad DVD situation.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_T_HONKYTONK_MAN.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Both discs of Honkey Tonk man bomb on the exact same sector, on *FOUR* different DVD drives (and 3 different computers) w/the ANYDVD you suggested and (and a few prior versions). It is NOT a dying drive or bad DVD situation.

There's no special protection on this disc.
The disc only contains CSS, which most commercial dvd-videos released in R1 contain by default.
Therefore, if you're having this problem with multiple drives, the discs are, in fact, bad.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad or you have four incredibly poor drives as readers (your choice).

This disc was released in 2003. Dvdshrink can handle this disc on its lonesome, without Anydvd. That pretty much sums up
how basic this disc is. I'd be very much surprised if Anydvd can't handle a disc that was released in 2003.

Bad original discs are no longer uncommon, and this may be an example of a dvd that was poorly pressed in large quantities.

Last edited:
There are errors on this disk as well. Apparently they had a bad run of the DVD. I will be going back to the store to get a refund and then buy it from another store to hopefully avoid the bad batch. Thank you very much for your help.

Looks like Honkey Tonk man cannot be copied at all now. 4 different DVDs bought and returned at the store, 3 friends also tried to copy it w/AnyDVD and Clone2DVD, DVDShrink and several other programs. Multiple DVD drives, multiple computers all failed at exactly the same spot and file. Oh well, returning this one to the store and giving up.

Looks like Honkey Tonk man cannot be copied at all now. 4 different DVDs bought and returned at the store, 3 friends also tried to copy it w/AnyDVD and Clone2DVD, DVDShrink and several other programs. Multiple DVD drives, multiple computers all failed at exactly the same spot and file. Oh well, returning this one to the store and giving up.

If you can get a refund for your initial purchase cost I would recommend trying to purchase it from a completely different location. It may have been a bad batch of pressed discs. Purchasing it from somewhere else might result in a non-flawed disc.

If you can get a refund for your initial purchase cost I would recommend trying to purchase it from a completely different location. It may have been a bad batch of pressed discs. Purchasing it from somewhere else might result in a non-flawed disc.

Yeah, James also said this disc has nothing special on it in terms of protection.

Back