CloneDVD Will not Close

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Antknee, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Antknee

Antknee Member

After copying my DVD, CloneDVD (v 2.9.1.7) will not close. This just started 2 days ago. I actually have to hard boot my Windows XP computer in order to get the program to close. I uninstalled then reinstalled CloneDVD but no luck. So could it be a Windows XP problem? A missing or corrupt file?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

3. Antknee

Antknee Member

No, it does not freeze. The copy completes ok. Ejects ok. The program just won't immediately shut down when I'm finished when I click on "CLOSE".
    Actually I should qualify that and say that it takes about 5 minutes to close.
    So is the issue with WinXP or a corrupt CloneDVD file?

4. Webslinger

Try downloading and reinstalling Clonedvd.

I can't reproduce this problem on three different computers with XP. I'm not sure why the exiting process would take that long.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  5. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

does it close any quicker using task manager?

also,when you click on the white cross on red background it takes 5 minutes?
    and when you right click on clonedvd2 in the taskbar>then choose close,it takes 5 minutes also?

sounds like something is holding onto the program thus delaying shutdown.

6. Antknee

Antknee Member

Right now I'm copying a dvd and will try these suggestions. Type to ya soon & thanks guys:)

7. Antknee

Antknee Member

I also run Kaspersky AV 6.0 (for at least a year) and PGP encryption (6 months)

8. Antknee

Antknee Member

Well I used Task Manager to close the program and I got a "Not Responding" error message. I left it alone and did some other tasks and the program closed down in about a minute or 2. I can live with that. We may never figure this one out but at least the program works and I get good copies every time.

9. mike20021969

does you computer take a long time to shut down?

10. Antknee

Antknee Member

Apps that mess with CloneDVD

I found the program that caused CloneDVD to hang when trying to close CloneDVD. It's called "WINAVI Video Converter" from ZMEDIA. By a process of elimination after I uninstalled this app, CloneDVD closed normally,i.e. no delay.
    Another 2 apps may also have a conflict with CloneDVD: Softpepper's AVI Converter and Solveig's AVI Trimmer.

11. Webslinger

Thanks for letting us know! :bowdown:

12. mike20021969

i also have WinAVI Video Converter installed but clonedvd2 shuts normally.

did you have both programs running at the same time?