• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD will not burn DL disks suddenly

Hey SamuriHL,

I already tried that with Nero (InCD was already uninstalled) and I got a perfectly good usable copy. There was no unusual hesitation at the beginning of the burn process or anything. It behaved as normally as anything else I would burn with Nero.

Ok, like I said, try with IMGBurn if you can and see if that works, as well. It's good that Nero works, but, let's see how yet another software package works if possible.

Yes I used Verbatim +R DL when I did the Nero burn. I only use Verbatim for my DL disks. I researched it when I first began making back-ups of my movies, and found that they are the only reliable media out there and are well worth the extra money.

Do you still want me to try it with IMGBurn? Do you have a link to a free trial of that program?

Sorry, I found a download. Is 2.3.2.0 the most up-to-date?

Last edited:
I think it'd be useful just to have a comparison and make sure 2 packages can burn fine. That way you can narrow the problem down to something with the Slysoft products.

IMGBurn

I would actually remove this. Then go and download ccleaner, install it and run it. Then go to snapfiles.com download regseeker run that and delete all the reg filed that list in the window. I use these 2 programs at least once a week.

This is just a shot in the dark though and I use a sata HDD as well.

I want to add that ccleaner can and may leave leftover reg entries this is why I suggest to use reseeker right after the use of ccleaner.

Then go to snapfiles.com download regseeker run that and delete all the reg filed that list in the window.

Jasoneden, do the imgburn thing and do what Charlie said (what I quoted), please. Thanks

Jasoneden,
I am a soft-ee just like SamuriHL so I through my 2 cents in.

There are about 3-4 programs that can do a D/L DVD properly and SamuriHL is correct for one of them. The programs that do a D/L properly are CloneCD, ImgBurn, DVDD and PgcEdit(if you know what you are doing and follow Blutach's guide). Rip the DVD to HD using AnyDVD and then use Imgburn. If you do not know where to place the Layer-Break flag post a screenshot and we will tell you where. In my opinion CloneDVD does not find the proper layer break flag and thusly should not be used for D/L until Ollie re-works the program.

Try the Registry cleaner first and then use Imgburn. If it asks you about the 32K padding then just agree and click OK

OK, am currently letting ImgBurn do it's thing (still in reading process) and have run the RegSeeker. There are red and green entries listed. Is it safe to select all (both red and green) or should I just get rid of the green entries? Obviously, I have never used this program before, but offhand it appears to be kinda good.

Jasoneden,
I am a soft-ee just like SamuriHL so I through my 2 cents in.

There are about 3-4 programs that can do a D/L DVD properly and SamuriHL is correct for one of them. The programs that do a D/L properly are CloneCD, ImgBurn, DVDD and PgcEdit(if you know what you are doing and follow Blutach's guide). Rip the DVD to HD using AnyDVD and then use Imgburn. If you do not know where to place the Layer-Break flag post a screenshot and we will tell you where. In my opinion CloneDVD does not find the proper layer break flag and thusly should not be used for D/L until Ollie re-works the program.

Try the Registry cleaner first and then use Imgburn. If it asks you about the 32K padding then just agree and click OK

:agree: Yes, listen to this one...wise are his words. :) In fact, if you really want to have some fun with IMGBurn, skip CloneDVD altogether and use IMGBurn read mode to read the disc into an ISO(with AnyDVD running, of course), then shut down AnyDVD and write the ISO with IMGBurn. This keeps the original layer break and you won't have to worry about that.

Have you guys had problems with CloneDVD and the layer breaks? I have rarely had any problems using CloneDVD. Even then, the only "problem" was a slight pause in an odd place during a movie's playback. Though I do understand wanting to preserve the original layer break if possible.

Also, I am now assuming that I need to shut down AnyDVD before the burn with ImgBurn now. How does AnyDVD interfere with ImgBurn when burning?

Personally I don't mess around with DL...when I burn to DL it's a 1:1 backup using either CloneCD or IMGBurn and I do no editing of the disc. That being said, it's not like I've NEVER used CloneDVD for DL. It does a fairly decent job at positioning the layer break as far as I can see. I've not heard of any major problems with it.

Have you guys had problems with CloneDVD and the layer breaks?

In all honesty, I never use Clonedvd with Verbatim +R DL media. I use Clonecd instead (and I also burn on the fly, which I don't recommend you do)--and that program won't work for you either.

But, the layer break position isn't the issue here. Your system freezes completely when it inititally attempts to burn with Slysoft software and +R DL media.

Last edited:
OK, am currently letting ImgBurn do it's thing (still in reading process) and have run the RegSeeker. There are red and green entries listed. Is it safe to select all (both red and green) or should I just get rid of the green entries? Obviously, I have never used this program before, but offhand it appears to be kinda good.

Can you give us a screenshot of what you are looking at so we can help you better? I'll check this in the a.m. as I am EST U.S.

SamuriHL
I would have suggested(Imgburn) 1st but this is the Slysoft forum and not D**m, CDF or AD.

Last edited:
SamuriHL
I would have suggested that 1st but this is the Slysoft forum and not D**m, CDF or AD.

I'll be quite blunt right now as I'm tired and about to go to bed. I don't really care what forum this is. :D This guy needs help and we have to help him narrow the problem down. It's not like I'm suggesting he always use that solution, but, it's the easiest route to getting an image that he can burn. So, such is life. :D Now I'm off to bed. I'll check the progress in the morning. Good luck all.

ImgBurn has begun to burn the disk. Of course, I won't know until it's finished as to whether or not it is a good copy, but I assume it will be.

Whenever I use a DL, I also keep everything from the original disk. Until this problem came up and I began searching the forums, I had just never known there was a difference in CloneDVD and CloneCD's finished products. Now, I will probably use CloneCD for my DL burns exclusively.

Now, I will probably use CloneCD for my DL burns exclusively.

But you still need to figure out why, like Clonedvd, Clonecd is making your system freeze when you attempt to burn. :(

Imgburn is an excellent program, and if Clonecd didn't work for me I would probably switch to Imgburn for DL backups. However, it would be nice to figure out why the program you paid for isn't working.

Last edited:
OK...ImgBurn just finished burning and it seems to be a good copy. I guess that narrows it down to just the Slysoft products. To those just coming into this thread, please realize I am only having problems with CloneDVD and CloneCD when burning DL disks. Standard 4.7G DVDs burn without a problem.

Any more suggestions (hopefully)?

I don't really have any USEFUL suggestions...how about I throw a dart in the air and see where it lands. :) Remove ALL slysoft software from your machine. After which, make sure no copies of elbycdio.sys are kicking around anywhere. Once you've done that, reboot and install ONLY CloneDVD. (Before you do this procedure, make sure there's something on the hard drive you can test with...remembering that CloneDVD can burn ISO images so if you have the IMGBurn rip still on the hard drive that'll do.) Make sure it's CloneDVD 2.9.0.8 that you install. Try to burn with just that on the machine. No CloneCD, No AnyDVD. This goes back to my school of "simplify simplify simplify". :)

Make sure it's CloneDVD 2.9.0.8 that you install. Try to burn with just that on the machine. No CloneCD, No AnyDVD. This goes back to my school of "simplify simplify simplify". :)

Good idea and hopefully it works. I pondered elbycdio.sys being an issue because both CloneCD and CloneDVD are impacted but it's still bizarre to say the least.

Good idea and hopefully it works. I pondered elbycdio.sys being an issue because both CloneCD and CloneDVD are impacted but it's still bizarre to say the least.

We'll see. The trick to this issue is getting it completely narrowed down. The only way to do that is to keep eliminating things.

Hello All,

I just got home from work. Glad to see people are still trying to help. I just checked my email and Slysoft hasn't sent me a reply yet. I will delete all Slysoft as suggested and do a search for the elbycdio.sys file and delete it if it shows up. I will get back to you in just a bit.

Back