• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD will not burn DL disks suddenly

Just got back from trying to burn those files. It just locked up again. I took out both of my drives and looked at the jumpers. One is set to master the other was set to cable select, but is now set to slave. It still failed to burn after setting it to slave. I am sure I'm right, but I might as well ask just to make sure: the master does belong at the end of the cable, not the one in the middle, correct?

By the way, the cable supplied by ASUS is one of the 80-wire types. Also, I am pretty sure my drives are OK. As I said before, I have tried to use both of them to burn the DVDs, but they both fail. I doubt that they would both crap out at the same time. And I doubt it is a power issue since they burn to regular 4.7 DVDs without any problems whatsoever.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

The reader needs to be the slave and the burner the master or both set to CS (Cable Select). Either way the burner needs to be on the end connector and the reader on the middle connector. Do not have the burner in the slave or middle position. Also, don't copy "on the fly" if both devices are on the same IDE ribbon.

Thanks for checking in mmdavis,

I went out and bought a new 800W power supply and the same problem is still happening. As far as the CS, Master, or Slave jumper settings go, I will try to put both on CS again, but I don't think it's going to work. I have always been able to read/burn to/from whichever drive I wanted to. It has never been a problem. Nor has "burning on the fly". I have always put the original in one tray and burned to the other with no problems at all. And that is with both drives always on the same IDE ribbon.

I do appreciate any help or suggestions you can throw my way.
Thanks

Nor has "burning on the fly". I have always put the original in one tray and burned to the other with no problems at all.

That's not burning on the fly. In Clonedvd, you're actually processing files to the hard drive first. "on the fly" implies that you're going directly from the source to your burner without any hard drive disk caching taking place (or otherwise not saving files first anywhere).

But, wow that's brutal. I was really hoping a new power supply would fix that issue.

To summarize my other suggestions:

1. It's possible that the newer firmware for some reason messed up burning with Verbatim +R DL media. You could try reverting back to an old version for your burners.

2. I'm pretty curious if Clonecd works (I use Clonecd with Verbatim +R DL media). Click here

3. You could try other dvd+R DL media (but Verbatim +R DL is generally considered to be the best).

4. You may also want to try deleting your burners from device manager (along with the associated ide channel) and rebooting.

5. You may want to look at Asus' website for updated motherboard (ide and sata) drivers.

6. If your burners work in other systems with Verbatim +R DL media, maybe there's a hardware issue with your motherboard (ide controller). You might want to get it tested.

7. You might want to try another program to see if it will burn to the Verbatim +R DL without issues on your new system

Last edited:
Hello again, Webslinger!

CloneCD didn't work either. Both CloneCD and CloneDVD lock up the computer during the setup phase right before they actually start to burn the DVD--every time the DVD has nothing written on it at all.

I doubt it's the drives' firmware either. One drive had the original v1.0A and the other had the second version 1.0B. I tried to burn with both drives before I updated the firmware to v1.0C, and could get neither to work.

I also tried deleting both DVD drives, both the primary and secondary IDE channels, and the IDE controller from the Device Manager. I didn't mess with the SATA hard drives or controllers.

Also, I just used Nero to burn the DVD files I used CloneDVD to decode to the hard drive last night, and it burned without a hesitation. I even checked to make sure that the DVD was a good usable copy.

I will now check the ASUS website for updates. I know Iupdated the BIOS when I installed the mobo, but I can't recall if I actually updated any other drivers of any type.

Thanks for your help guys. I will get back to you shortly about the ASUS website.

Also, I just used Nero to burn the DVD files I used CloneDVD to decode to the hard drive last night, and it burned without a hesitation.

Using Verbatim +R DL?

What's your motherboard again?

Wow, I dunno.

Try this (step by step):

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Clonedvd (start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes--->Clonedvd2-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Clonedvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2907.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

And then try again.

I hope some more people visit this thread and try to help, because I, for one, am out of ideas. And I'd like to see your issue fixed.

Last edited:
I had tried uninstalling both CloneDVD and AnyDVD, rebooting, then installing CloneDVD, rebooting, and actually haven't re-installed AnyDVD yet. It didn't help, but I hadn't run a registry cleaner (though this is a fairly fresh install of Windows, as I swapped to SATA drives instead of IDE drives when I got the new mobo). I will retry again with the registry cleaner anyway. Will let you know in a few minutes.

Well...I tried the uninstall again following your recommended steps, unfortunately to no avail. I also tried to exit out of as many programs in the system tray at the bottom right, and that didn't work either.

I love using CloneDVD...it is the best. I really would like to get it up and running again. I cannot think of anything else that could be causing this since I upgraded my mobo, video card, RAM, and changed to SATA drives. I performed a fresh install of Windows and everything.

I would greatly appreciate any help or ideas anyone may have.
Thanks, everyone!

As you may be aware, Anydvd and Clonedvd were just updated a few minutes ago.

You might want to check the official download site.

I doubt, however, that updating would fix your issue.

You could, I suppose, contact Slysoft, but I'm not sure if it would help.

Hey Webslinger,

I noticed the new updates and jumped on them right away. I already tried them and I still get the same problem. Have just contacted Slysoft directly--hopefully they can help me. Thanks again for your help. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Hey Webslinger,

I noticed the new updates and jumped on them right away. I already tried them and I still get the same problem. Have just contacted Slysoft directly--hopefully they can help me. Thanks again for your help. Let me know if you think of anything else.

I am sorry things aren't working for you. It must be extremely frustrating. :(

I have disabled Nero's inCD

I would actually remove this. Then go and download ccleaner, install it and run it. Then go to snapfiles.com download regseeker run that and delete all the reg filed that list in the window. I use these 2 programs at least once a week.

This is just a shot in the dark though and I use a sata HDD as well.

Oooh yeah, you can say that again. I don't consider myself to be even the slightest bit of a newbie to computer issues (actually, most of our friends call me when they have a problem with their computers), and it irritates me to no end when I can't figure something out like this. Usually, I don't even mind having to do the research on forums, company websites, etc. to get things going again. Rarely do I get stumped this badly. Hopefully, it is just something stupid like a setting somewhere, and not some un-changeable incompatibilty issue with hardware of some sort.

Have you guys heard of any of the Slysoft products being completely incompatible with certain mobo's or other hardware? I only had problems since I installed a new mobo, memory, video card, and SATA HDs. The stuff that I currently have installed are an ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus mobo, 4 1Gig sticks of Corsair RAM, 2 new 160Gig Western Digital SATA HDs, 2 Sony DRU-820A DVD drives (which have never been a problem when using CloneDVD before), a eVga 8800 GTS PCI-Express w/640 MB onboard memory, and of course the new 800W power supply I bought yesterday. Oh, I'm running Win XP Pro, and also have eSet's Nod32 antivirus and Webroot's SpySweeper running (though I have tried shutting them off when re-installing the Slysoft products). Feel free to ask me about anything else I might have on/in my computer if someone can come up with an idea or knows of a similar problem someone has had.

I haven't received a response from Slysoft yet, though I didn't expect to yet as I only sent it in yesterday. I do hope they can help me fix it though. Thanks again, everyone!

Have you guys heard of any of the Slysoft products being completely incompatible with certain mobo's or other hardware?

I was starting to ask myself the same question. I've only heard of certain issues with sata Lite-on burners, but those were firmware issues, I think.

Normally, I would imagine an ide busmaster driver issue, but you tried the standard Microsoft ones.

Yeah, sorry, I have no idea why your system would just suddenly lock up when burning to Verbatim +R DL media.

Ok, I've been recently pulled into this thread(damn you webslinger! ;) J/K) I'll admit, I have not read EVERYTHING in depth, but, from what I see so far only Slysoft products have been tested for burning, correct? Please do the following...write the files to the hard drive using CloneDVD, and then use IMGBurn to burn it to a dual layer disc. I want to know if that fails and what exactly happens if it does. I realize this is NOT a solution to the immediate problem, but, I want to rule out some things. Problem solving nasty things like this is a matter of eliminating as much uncertainty as possible. As Sherlock would say..."Whatever is left must be no matter how improbable." So, eliminate every possibility that you can.

OH, one more thing, make sure AnyDVD is disabled completely when burning using IMGBurn. I don't want any interference at ALL when burning.

Ok, I've been recently pulled into this thread(damn you webslinger! ;) J/K) I'll admit, I have not read EVERYTHING in depth, but, from what I see so far only Slysoft products have been tested for burning, correct?

No. Apparently, he used Verbatim +R DL with Nero, and it worked.

Hey SamuriHL,

I already tried that with Nero (InCD was already uninstalled) and I got a perfectly good usable copy. There was no unusual hesitation at the beginning of the burn process or anything. It behaved as normally as anything else I would burn with Nero.

Also, AnyDVD was not installed at all when I burned with Nero.

Hey SamuriHL,

I already tried that with Nero (InCD was already uninstalled) and I got a perfectly good usable copy. There was no unusual hesitation at the beginning of the burn process or anything. It behaved as normally as anything else I would burn with Nero.

You did use Verbatim +R DL with Nero, right?

Back