• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVd/SYS wont close session

ZoWillie

I know this isnt a CLoneDVD or ANYDVD problem, its a hardware issue. I can burn an entire backup of my movies to disc, but CLONEDVD and other writing programs refuse to finalize the disc, it just spins for ever forcing me to reboot. I have a LG HL-DL-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS40 SCSI CDROM ATTACHED TO A GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H MOTHERBOARD. I also use a 6gbps pci sata card that I run my LG BLuray Drive and my 2tb WD harddrive from for increased speed. Everything worked fine till I plugged the LG-DVD into the pci card to see if it increased its speed, it didnt, when I plugged it back into the motherboard I am unable to close out any burning of any type of media be it data or video using any bruning prgram, but when I hook it up to the pci card it burns fine, no problems. The reason I dont keep it there, is when I plug the 2tb HDrive into the motherboard slot the dvd was in my transfer rates drop from 110/MBs to 1.05/MBs cant have that, Takes ungodly hours to transer a 4 GB file. I have tried the folowing, Disconnected the dvd drive, uninstalled the drivers and rebooted thinking it dropped me to PIO mode instead of DMA. REbooted, shut down , reconnected the drive and turned system baCK ON, reinstalled all drivers (via windows 7) still no luck. I tried updating the driver, no good, I tried restoring to an earlier time when I knew it worked no good. Short of doing a complete REinstall of my system plus everything else (a two day feat) can anyone give me a simplier solution? Something I just am not seeing? I have a AMD phenom 9850 CPU, Gigabyte MB, LG BD-r & DVD-ram, WD HD 2tb, MAxtor HD's 1tb x2, RAID 10 MAxtor, WINDOWS 7 Ultimate, All firmware and drivers are up to date for all OS, Programs ands utilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -ZoWillie- :bang::bang::bang:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

This happens no matter what speed I burn at, I use VERBATIM DATA PLUS DVD+R Discs, Doesnt matter if its DATA or VIDEO Im trying to do, Its always the same, no problem burning the disc, but just wont finalize , no way to access the disc, or the info, just not finalized. I know its a setting or driver issue, as it all worked before, but I can not find anywhere in WIN 7 to verify the drives are running in DMA and not PIO. It just isint in any of my utilities or where its supopse to be.Thanks.

Last edited:
Figured it out

I figured it out :bowdown: . It may be a little slower transfer rate, but not noticeable. Until I find a fix for SATA/SCSI to close the disc with anydvdhd/clonedvd all I needed to do was change my BIOS setting from SATA to IDE for the channel the drive was on. NOw everything works fine again. Ill post if I find a SATA/SCSI fix or if you know of one I would love to hear about it. Thanks. -ZoWillie-

Back