• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD not working with Vista!!

The IDE controller driver is a Vista, and yes DMA is still avaliable.

Just ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser and it told me that it couldn't find my dvd-drive nor my burner.

It could mean that my dvd-drive (JLMS XJ-HD 166S) and burner (LH-18A1P) is too old to run under Vista.

Well if that is true then I have to say goodbye to Lite-On drives and find another product

The IDE controller driver is a Vista, and yes DMA is still avaliable.

Just ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser and it told me that it couldn't find my dvd-drive nor my burner.

It could mean that my dvd-drive (JLMS XJ-HD 166S) and burner (LH-18A1P) is too old to run under Vista.

Well if that is true then I have to say goodbye to Lite-On drives and find another product

According to here, it shows XP as the OS, doesn't mention Vista for the 166S. Same is true for the 18A1P according to here, also only shows through XP.

So all I have to do is to find a new dvd-rom drive and a new burner.

Any good suggestions? or a website where I can read about the drives

The 166S seems to be an old drive since most of the threads about it are in 2004. The LH-18A1P seems to be newer and should work I would think. Have you tried putting a commercial movie in it and see if AnyDVD recognizes it?

AnyDVD will not recognize the commercial movie in the LH-18A1P

AnyDVD will not recognize the commercial movie in the LH-18A1P

There is a note (Vista Logo) here that says it will work with Vista.

Where's Zebadee when you need him. He's the one that knows Vista.

That may be due to you having either Anydvd or Clonedvd installed when you ran it. I sincerely doubt this issue has anything to do your burner running under Vista. As I stated before, try an 80 wire cable.

According to here, it shows XP as the OS, doesn't mention Vista for the 166S.

That's because at the time the firmware upgrade was released Vista didn't exist. I would be skeptical that that dvd-rom drive doesn't work under Vista.

That's because at the time the firmware upgrade was released Vista didn't exist. I would be skeptical that that dvd-rom drive doesn't work under Vista.

Alright, one easy way to test if this lite-on dvd-rom drive is the issue is to simply remove it (with your computer turned off) from the cable (provided it was slaved, this shouldn't be an issue). I'm pretty sure a friend of mine has that drive in his Vista system though (he's on vacation, so I can't check).

AnyDVD will not recognize a disc in safe-mode either

1) Well, try the firmware update (if that is an update) that mmdavis posted.

2) Try removing the dvd-rom drive completely from your system.

3. Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Click "ok".

There is an L0G firmware update. I can see it here.

Nope I can't download from that site. If I try the "mirror site" it say this:

We’re sorry, but there is no web page in this site that matches your entry. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist. You may wish to try one of the following methods, which we hope will help you find what you’re looking for:

If you typed the page url address in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly and case appropriate.
Open the www.liteonit.com home page and look for links to the information you want.
Use the navigation bar above to find the link you are looking for.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Enter a term in the search field on the top.

Sorry but a broken link.

Yep, I have.

Anybody have a suggestion on a new dvd-rom drive and a burner?

Yep, I have.

I don't know if that's the route to go. This could be a compatibility issue with Vista, some other software on your system, and Slysoft software. It would be unfortunate to make you go out and buy something further and have you install it, only to discover that didn't help anything.

1)Did you try removing the XJ-HD166S dvd-rom from your system?

2) User account control is disabled and both Clonedvd and Anydvd are unblocked, correct?

3) Did you try running CCleaner (it's a free program):http://www.ccleaner.com/
(I would run that after uninstalling both Anydvd and Clonedvd)

Last edited:
Yep, I have.

I am hesitant to recommend you rush out to buy new hardware. That said, I know James, the developer of Anydvd, is fond of NEC burners. I am not a huge NEC fan (they aren't bad; I'm just not fanatical about them), but if an Anydvd developer is using them that probably helps to ensure compatibility.

My suspicion is something on your system is interfering with Clonedvd/Anydvd. You might want to try contacting Slysoft to see what they think: http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

Last edited:
Back