CloneDVD not working after last XP updates

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by tamborrel, Nov 15, 2007.

1. tamborrel

tamborrel New Member

The day before yesterday my PC automatically updated XP at shutdown... Today for the first time after these updates I tried to clone a DVD, but CloneDVD2 does not appear (open) on the screen, only on the task bar as if it where open. I already tried restarting my machine, and reinstalling a fresh downloaded copy, but with the same results... Any suggestions please?

2. Knautschi

Knautschi New Member

Exact same problem here.... :eek:(

Yes, I have the same problem...
    AnyDVD is working fine, but CloneDVD does not even open (only little window in the taskbar). Re-installation could not fix the problem...:doh:

Please, I need HELP!!! :(

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

4. Knautschi

Knautschi New Member

Not pretty, but working....

Okay, this is at least working:
    Click with mouse (right-click) on the Task-bar-window and choose "Maximise", then you shold be able to at least work with Clone-DVD.... :eek:

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

If your Windows XP system was fully up-to-date there were only 2 critical updates. One was the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2007 (KB890830). The other was Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460) which dealt with a vulnerability with the handling of URIs.

I don't see how either update would cause a problem with CloneDVD. I've had no problems since the update. Nonetheless, definitely follow Webslinger's instructions and see if you can resolve your problem that way.

6. kunolobo

kunolobo Member

xp updates

I just installed the two new updates to try if anything not working with
    clonedvd.
    all works as normal after update and reboot.
    i have danish os/xp but should not matter.

do not know what problem then is
    hope this helps