• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile vs. Handbrake

Erkunder

I am toying with the idea of completing my SlySoft collection with CloneDVD mobile as long as the discount offer lasts. Does anybody know the current key differences between HandBrake and CloneDVD mobile (apart from HandBrake being free and supporting Blu-ray)?

Is it already known if there are plans for an update or upgrade (similar to AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD) that allows the use of Blu-ray discs with future releases of CloneDVD mobile? Or is there going to be a seperate product like CloneBD (mobile)?

CloneBD mobile will be a separate program.

Fernando's signature states this.
SlySoft Developer - CloneDVD Mobile, CloneBD, CloneBD Mobile, SlyPlayer

Thanks for settling this, mike20021969. It's good to know what the software will or will not be able to do in future when considering a lifetime licence.

Any thoughts on the CloneDVD mobile vs. HandBrake matter? Anyone? Or do I have to find it out for myself? :)

Any thoughts on the CloneDVD mobile vs. HandBrake matter? Anyone? Or do I have to find it out for myself? :)

Personally, I've always used CloneDVD mobile for converting DVD's.

I use HandBrake for video file conversion e.g. MPEG2 to mp4.

Personally, I've always used CloneDVD mobile for converting DVD's.

I use HandBrake for video file conversion e.g. MPEG2 to mp4.

I use it to convert AVI files to MP4 for the iPad and PSP, handy tool.

Personally, overall I prefer CloneDVD mobile. It generally just works, with very little grief and not too many overcomplicated options. However, HandBrake has a few things that CloneDVD mobile doesn't. The biggest missing thing for me is the ability to specify the size of the output file.

I'm converting a bunch of DVDs for use on the kids iPod Touch, and since it's only 8 GB I want to limit the size, as that's more of a priority than quality. HandBrake lets me do this.

HandBrake has a few things that CloneDVD mobile doesn't. The biggest missing thing for me is the ability to specify the size of the output file.
You can, albeit roughly (not preferred) rather than specifically (preferred).

As you move the Video Quality slider on the Output Method screen, you can see the Estimated File Output Size.

Last edited:
If CDM had chapter marks in the iPad profile I would delete HB and forget about it.

You can, albeit roughly (not preferred) rather than specifically (preferred).
Exactly my point. And you can't go below 10 (i.e. if I want to restrict it to a specific - even if it's just estimated - size). Granted, it can look a bit ropey below there, but for displaying on a small screen it would be fine.

Back