• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Mobile Vs. CloneDVD

homer

At a high level, what are the difference between these two products? (I realize that "Mobile" will create DVD files for mobile devices but does that mean that it won't create a clone that could be laid down on a DVD-R / DVD-RW?)

My primary interest is going mobile but what am I missing with standard Clone DVD?

Homer

CloneDVD is for making back-up copies of your DVDs. They will act just like your store-bought DVDs and are playable in any DVD player. That way you can put away your original DVD and not risk scratching it up over years of handling.

CloneDVD Mobile is for converting your store-bought DVD into a format that will play on a PSP, iPod, or other portable player. It is also useful for adding several compressed movies to a single DVD disk for playing in the car. Some home DVD players will play these compressed formats too. Compressed means same movie with a smaller size.

~KnoWei

Thank you KnoWei.

So, if my home DVD player will play a compressed format then I could always backup my electronic backup to a physical disc to watch on my home unit....right?

Homer

That's correct. I have not spent much time messing with playing avi files on my DVD player. I use an inexpensive Panasonic DVD-S53 player that has the DIVX logo on it. I use the CloneDVD Mobile created avi files to stream to media players in my house so I don't have to go fishing around the house looking for dvds the kids have misplaced.

You might have to experiment with some settings but in theory you can get this all working and copy your compressed files onto a recordable DVD or even CD-R disk.

CloneDVD does offer you compression and I've played with that. On a large screen you can't see much difference between the same movie copied to a dual layer disk vs. a single layer disk at roughly 50% compression. And you get all the DVD features like menus, chapters, specials, etc.

~KnoWei

Back