• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile error when downloading to PSP

JamesOWolff

I have been trying to download a music DVD to PSP using the following:

• AnyDVD
• CloneDVD Mobile 1.6.2.0 & 1.6.2.1

I don't seem to have any trouble using AnyDVD. However I have used two versions of CloneDVD mobile. In both cases all works great until I begin processing.

I have attached the two error messages I received below.

Thanks

Attachments

• CloneDVDmoble error message 041010.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CloneDVDmoble error message 041710.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have been trying to download a music DVD to PSP using the following:

• AnyDVD
• CloneDVD Mobile 1.6.2.0 & 1.6.2.1

I don't seem to have any trouble using AnyDVD. However I have used two versions of CloneDVD mobile. In both cases all works great until I begin processing.

I have attached the two error messages I received below.

Thanks

If the newest versions aren't working, try using 1.2.0.1. You can get it here. http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=32925

Thank you. The older version got me through the process, however when i went to access the file on my memory stick it indicated that the file was corrupted.

I deleted that file and processed the video a second time after which the PSP indicated that the file contained 'unsupported data'.

Not sure what to do now :confused:.

Thank you. The older version got me through the process, however when i went to access the file on my memory stick it indicated that the file was corrupted.

I deleted that file and processed the video a second time after which the PSP indicated that the file contained 'unsupported data'.

Not sure what to do now :confused:.

Is the output in a format that is recognized and with the correct resolution?

CloneDVDmobile to PSP playback issue

RE: "Is the output in a format that is recognized and with the correct resolution?"

Sorry, I am not sure about this answer. I followed the directions as closely as I could and I am still getting 'unsupported data' alert.

To assist in answering this question I am attaching the transporter log and some screen shots.

Thank you again for your help.

Attachments

• 041910_CloneDVDmobile transcoder log.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 0
  • CloneDVDmobile screen shot 01.jpg
    CloneDVDmobile screen shot 01.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 4
  • CloneDVDmobile screen shot 02.jpg
    CloneDVDmobile screen shot 02.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2
  • CloneDVDmobile screen shot 03.jpg
    CloneDVDmobile screen shot 03.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2
  • CloneDVDmobile screen shot 04.jpg
    CloneDVDmobile screen shot 04.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
RE: "Is the output in a format that is recognized and with the correct resolution?"

Sorry, I am not sure about this answer. I followed the directions as closely as I could and I am still getting 'unsupported data' alert.

To assist in answering this question I am attaching the transporter log and some screen shots.

Thank you again for your help.

You are choosing the PSP 480x272. Is that the correct resolution for your PSP device? Have you looked at the specifications to see what format (mp4) and resolution it requires?

You are choosing the PSP 480x272. Is that the correct resolution for your PSP device? Have you looked at the specifications to see what format (mp4) and resolution it requires?

I agree that there is something amiss with the resolution agreement. But where is this determined? I am choosing only what the program offers as options, and the CloneDVDmobile program only allows 480x272 (or higher: 720x480).

It seems that the standard PSP resolution is 320x240 or 368x208 (widescreen). My options are limited in attempting to change the screen resolution in my device. Therefore I suppose this must be done on the CloneDVD-program side, but as I mentioned I am limited to what I can change there too. Could this problem possibly be solved through AnyDVD? How do you suggest I proceed? Thanks again

I agree that there is something amiss with the resolution agreement. But where is this determined? I am choosing only what the program offers as options, and the CloneDVDmobile program only allows 480x272 (or higher: 720x480).

It seems that the standard PSP resolution is 320x240 or 368x208 (widescreen). My options are limited in attempting to change the screen resolution in my device. Therefore I suppose this must be done on the CloneDVD-program side, but as I mentioned I am limited to what I can change there too. Could this problem possibly be solved through AnyDVD? How do you suggest I proceed? Thanks again

You can add resolutions to the Devices.ini to add more choices. I haven't done this before, but see if this works. Go to: Program Files/Slysoft/CloneDVDMobile and double-click the Devices.ini file. Scroll down until you find the [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)]. This is the 16:9 widescreen format. Below the ResAna1=480x272 add:
Code:
ResAna2=368x208

The one right after that in the Devices file is [PSP 720x480......]. This is the 3:2 format. Below the ResAna1=720x480 add:
Code:
ResAna2=320x240

Then save the file and try again and see if those resolutions are available to you (and hopefully work).

...access denied

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I did as you suggested however when I attempted to save the augmented file ('Devices.ini already exists; replace existing file?' [Yes]) the program would not allow me to proceed ("Access is denied"). Unable to save the changes. Still stuck :(. I'm no programmer but it would seem that standard PSP screen resolutions should already be written into the program...but what do I know? I am just trying to make this work...sorry, I really appreciate your help. I am just a bit beyond frustrated at the moment...

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I did as you suggested however when I attempted to save the augmented file ('Devices.ini already exists; replace existing file?' [Yes]) the program would not allow me to proceed ("Access is denied"). Unable to save the changes. Still stuck :(. I'm no programmer but it would seem that standard PSP screen resolutions should already be written into the program...but what do I know? I am just trying to make this work...sorry, I really appreciate your help. I am just a bit beyond frustrated at the moment...

You should be able to access that file and add/remove. Don't know what OS you have, but for XP you probably need to make sure CloneDVDmobile is not running. For Vista/Windows7, turn off UAC or make sure that you have admin rights to modify it.

You should be able to access that file and add/remove. Don't know what OS you have, but for XP you probably need to make sure CloneDVDmobile is not running. For Vista/Windows7, turn off UAC or make sure that you have admin rights to modify it.
Also, you should try the latest official release - 1.7.0.0 - which has fixed a lot of problems that made users revert to 1.2.0.1. See sticky at top of forum or Slysoft download page.

480x272 is the native supported resolutions for MPEG4 AVC on PSP.
Other supported resolutions that I already tested are 640x480 and 720x480. These resolutions are recommended if you need TV Out your movie or want to watch on other device.

Other resolutions are not supported for AVC but MPEG4 ASP (divx and xvid) support the resolutions commented above (320x480)

I have v5.5 firmware installed.

still no success

I downloaded version 1.7.0.0 per recommendation. After turning off the UAC I was finally able to access, change, and save the Device.ini file. I then ran CloneDVD mobile twice; once in the widescreen ratio (368x208 ), and then in normal (320x240), failing both times. In both cases the program failed fairly quickly upon pressing 'Go'.

I have attached the error logs for both failures.

Note: Btw, I am running firmware version 6.2 on my PSP.

Attachments

• 042310-error message after augmenting resolution in device file and selecting ratio 368x208.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 042310-error message (2) after augmenting resolution in device file and selcting ratio 320x240.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
I downloaded version 1.7.0.0 per recommendation. After turning off the UAC I was finally able to access, change, and save the Device.ini file. I then ran CloneDVD mobile twice; once in the widescreen ratio (368x208 ), and then in normal (320x240), failing both times. In both cases the program failed fairly quickly upon pressing 'Go'.

I have attached the error logs for both failures.

Note: Btw, I am running firmware version 6.2 on my PSP.
As acrespo posted above, 480x272 is the resolution for the psp. Try it using that resolution - you should not need to change your devices.ini as this is already there under the Sony PSP profiles selection. I would suggest reinstalling 1.7.0.0 in case you made an error in the devices.ini file.

You may have a problem disc, so try also on another (e.g. regular movie title). If a regular dvd works, try using Anydvd "rip video dvd to harddisk" on the problem title and then point CDM to the video.ts folder from that rip.

This should work out of the box - if it does not, please post another log - Save transcoder log in final screen if it fails and then zip it and upload it using "Manage attachments" in your post.

Last edited:
You can't change the resolutions only. You need to do the profile compatible with MPEG4 ASP (divx or xvid) instead MPEG4 AVC (x264), because lower resolutions are not supported by AVC on PSP.
Also, you don't need to change the profile because all profiles are fully compatible

diminishing returns

Thank you for your time and diligence on my behalf. As recommended I performed the following:

1). I reinstalled v.1.7.0.0
2). Selected a different/regular movie title ('Sky Captain')
3). Ran CDM using available PSP profiles, chose the wide screen option (720x480)
4). CDM processed normally w/o error (ultimately indicating a successful transfer)

Problem: After completion I checked my PSP. The Video option indicated there were 'no videos present' on the memory stick although when I checked the MP_Root directory, files were indeed present (very frustrating).

I have attached the transcoder log (SKY CAPT) as requested.

Next:

1). I ripped the original, possibly problem disc ('EVANESCENCE') to my hard drive
2). Pointed CDM to the VIDEO.TS folder
3). Ran CDM using available PSP profiles, chose the standard screen option (480x272)
4). CDM failed again, this time almost immediately

This continues to be frustrating because I have gotten farther ripping directly from the disc and using a different version of CDM. In this case it feels like I am going backwards.

I have attached the transporter file (EV) for this one also.

Note: I understand that it is important to limit size and number of supporting attachments, however I do have screen shots and error messages from both failed attempts and will send in a separate log if you feel they might be helpful.

Thank you again for your time and assistance in finding some resolution to my continuing problems. My trial period is about up (two days remain). In as much as I would very much like to make this work I am beginning to believe that this may be a lost cause, at least in my case. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 042510 transcoder log SKY CAPT.zip
    147.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 042510_transcoder log EV.zip
    956 bytes · Views: 1
Have you a hacked firmware?

Thanks, I haven't touched the firmware. It came with the PSP.

Note: My PSP is a refurbished model recently purchased from GameStop. Firmware is version 6.2. Other than this it seems to work great.

Your EVANESCENCE problem may be to do with the disc (field encoded?)

Your other log shows no problems. The psp transfer problem is to do with your end. Try to sync the file to your psp using WMP or the software that came with your psp. If your refurbished model did not come with the software you can download it from Sony, but WMP 10+ can do this automatically - sync to device.

the end

No software came w/ my psp so I attempted to performed the task you suggested; that of synching my dvd movie files to my device from my hard drive using WMP (Windows Media Player; ver 12.0).

For whatever reason I couldn't add files to the WMP synch list. I did everything I could think of, changed the permissions (to all), searched for the folders inside WMP, opened multiple windows, tried dragging from my dvd drive...I could see and select the files, but drag and drop would not work; nothing worked.

Another failure. This was my last day so i guess that's the end of it. Thank you for your assistance trying to troubleshoot my problems. Two weeks ago I was excited about the options provided by my hand held device; but not so much now.

Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate all you have tried to do. Best of luck helping others.

Back