CloneDVD Mobile crashes after opening a movie *new thread*

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by shimrod, Dec 25, 2007.

1. shimrod

shimrod Member

Hi,

I read several threads on this issue. It seems to be around for a long time and no solution has been found yet. I'm using Vista, and the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile.

In most of the cases, CloneDVD mobile dies after I try to open a movie in the "DVD-video files" selection box. I tried it with lots of discs and also with ripped dvd's on a harddrive. There seems to be a major issue with CloneDVD mobile reading the structure of the menu/movie.

I tried all given advice in the other threads but nothing seems to work. It's also not movie-related. It crashes alot, but in some rare cases it manages to read the same dvd without any problems.

Is there a solution yet?

I'm sure it has something to do with reading the dvd-structure. It's not drive-related since it also happens on ripped movies. I'm confidend that it will work better when I strip the menus and all other stuff I don't need from the movie. I will do some testing.

Thanks in advance.

2. shimrod

shimrod Member

It seems this is only an issue when using Vista. On Windows-XP CloneDVD mobile works fine.

I installed Virtual PC on my Windows Vista, created a virtual XP and installed CloneDVD mobile on it. It works fine on the virtual XP. All movies are read without any problems.

Vista, nothing but trouble. I'm considering a downgrade. :mad: