• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.5.0.4 beta

Drinklyeandie not everyone has time to read every post, just because you might live on this forum as a moderator does not mean that i didnt have a legitimate question. i paid for a product which i like to use and it has been consistently failing, therefore i would like to have some indication of when the problems will be fixed.
merry xmas

Drinklyeandie not everyone has time to read every post, just because you might live on this forum as a moderator does not mean that i didnt have a legitimate question.

I don't live on the forum nor do I read every post. I happen to do a lot of online work and scan the forums from time to time. Being a Moderator has nothing to do with my reading posts and knowing what Fernando said. I never stated the question wasn't legitimate.

i paid for a product which i like to use

I paid for this product, too. I'm a paying customer just like you are. I have expectations just like you and every other registered user.

and it has been consistently failing, therefore i would like to have some indication of when the problems will be fixed.

I answered the question and pointed to two posts where Fernando commented on the new engine now didn't I? I answered the question.

The fact that ffmpeg and mencoder have been used has lead to some issues and by switching to a new engine from Slysoft should result in a better product. It will no longer be Slysoft depending on the work of someone else. I always did wonder why given all their expertise and in-house work that they used someone else's encoder in CloneDVD mobile. Well, that will change if all goes as it has been said.

The purpose of my post and the links I posted was to help people. I would hope people do read Fernando's posts. You should pay attention to them because they matter to you and all CDVDm users. I didn't insult anyone when I made my post. I simply stated facts and posted links to verify my statements as well as let the CloneDVD mobile users read Fernando's exact words.

No time frame can be given up the forthcoming updates to CloneDVD mobile. Only the developers know the answer to this. I could be wrong and they could possibly release updates before the new engine is added but I'm unaware of any such plans.

I believe you've made some incorrect assumptions about me.

Have a nice Holiday.

Last edited:
with all due respect Drinklyandie "If people pay attention to posts by Fernando"
sounds a little condescending doesn't it?
The forum is here for users to ask questions and at present clonedvdmobile is not delivering the goods, i know it is a work in progress, i know slysoft has an excellent record for customer service, it was just a simple question.
Perhaps no there is no word on when it will be updated followed by the reasons why would have sufficed.
i didnt come on here to pick a fight, i came on here to ask a question and hopefully get an answer.
no disrespect
enjoy your holidays as well

Hello

I am new here. I have a couple questions. Those two applications that you download after the beta do you just click on each of them after downloading and unzipping? There are no instructions.
Is this program supposed to take a really long time? Its taking like three hours to do a movie on two pass and I have a fast computer.
Can you do more than one movie at a time?
Any way to cut the top and bottom black bars off with out having to cut off the sides? I dont want to zoom I just want to crop off the black bars. So on a psp I can go full screen if I want. if the black bars are recorded then it wont let you pick full screen.
Im am making PSP movies or at least trying. When I used the regular clone mobile dvd I could do some fullscreen interlaced movies but new movies had audio sync problems. With the beta the audio issues are fixed but it wont do the other movies it could before. I am really looking forward to being able to do any movie. I purchased this even though it does not work rite now because I have faith in you guys. I have been long time user of anydvd and clone dvd.

Zune 30gb & 80gb

ZUNE 30GB
The new beta version 1.5.0.4. finally allows me to convert dvds directly to wmv that my 30gb zune can read and sync without any conversion. A 42 minute episode of BSG takes 9m04s to encode with 320x240 resolution. File size 198MB. I set the quality bar to 506kbps though the final file says 634kbps.
The sound is synchronized well.

ZUNE 80GB using version 1.2
I've yet to try syncing with a zune 80gb but I've encoded some files to try. MP4 took 10m14s and was 190MB for 320x180.
Impressed with file size of H.264/AAC, only 197MB for 720x576 (I should have used 720x408 as it is the correct ratio and would have encoded quicker) set to 1518kbps but it takes considerably longer to encode, 59 minutes. Worth it if disc space is short. When my zune 80gb arrives and I've tried syncing the files I'll update this.

incomplete frame error

I am getting a error everytime I try to convert this one DVD. If I set to separate into separate chapters, it will always die on chapter 5. So there must be something there in this chapter. Here is the log (attached is the dump):

FFmpeg version from svn, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

NOTICE: This prog contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

Input #0, mpeg, from 'pipe:':
Duration: N/A, start: 0.578156, bitrate: 8224 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 16:15 DAR 4:3], 8000 kb/s, 25.00 tb(r)
Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 224 kb/s
Output #0, mp4, to 'D:\Britney Spears (The Videos)_C05.mp4':
Stream #0.0, 1/90000: Video: libxvid, yuv420p, 640x480 [PAR 1:1 DAR 4:3], 1/25, q=2-31, pass 1, 1500 kb/s, 25.00 tb(c)
Stream #0.1, 1/90000: Audio: libfaac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
frame= 4 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 7kB time=0.06 bitrate= 936.9kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 7 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 45kB time=0.19 bitrate=1923.0kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 8 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 65kB time=0.26 bitrate=2083.4kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 11 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 149kB time=0.34 bitrate=3585.9kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 14 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 229kB time=0.47 bitrate=3997.1kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 16 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 344kB time=0.64 bitrate=4400.9kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 19 fps= 0 q=2.0 size= 388kB time=0.70 bitrate=4519.6kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
[ac3 @ 011BAC10]incomplete frame
[ac3 @ 011BAC10]invalid frame size
Error while decoding stream #0.1
frame= 21 fps= 0 q=2.0 Lsize= 475kB time=0.77 bitrate=5070.7kbits/s dup=0 drop=0

video:461kB audio:13kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.365141%
DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 32 -xerror -pass 1 -passlogfile "D:/mencmpass9512" -threads 2 -f mp4 -title "Britney_Spears_C05" -r 25 -vcodec libxvid -vb 1500000 -vglobal 1 -coder ac -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 640x480 -aspect 4:3 -deinterlace -y "D:\Britney Spears (The Videos)_C05.mp4"'.
DEBUG: GOP not marked as closed, video frame order rebuild nessessary..
DEBUG: GOP not marked as closed, but there are no B frames between I and P.
GOP should've been marked as closed..
DEBUG: Synchronized audio with video by removing 0 audio frames (0 ms). Delta: -8 ms.
ERROR: LOG: D:\Britney Spears (The Videos)_C05.dump

A dump file was created to let SlySoft further investigate.

Attachments

• Britney Spears (The Videos)_C05.dump.zip
    427.8 KB · Views: 2
Wow 12+ hours to burn......help

Hey all,
I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and I was wondering if I need to adjust something in clonedvd mobile. I ask bec ause when I convert a movie to the apple format, it and it says that it will take 954 min to complete. Well I let it go thinking it may speed up and it did, it only took 530min. Any sugeestions to speed this up?

Last edited:
Hey all,
I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and I was wondering if I need to adjust something in clonedvd mobile. I ask bec ause when I convert a movie to the apple format, it and it says that it will take 954 min to complete. Well I let it go thinking it may speed up and it did, it only took 530min. Any sugeestions to speed this up?
Without knowing your system specs that's a pretty difficult question to answer.

1. Use 1 pass encoding
2. Lower the resolution (quality slider)

I will give that a try...but until then my pc info is as follows:
AMD duelcore Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (2400mhz)
3.5gb of ram
Nvidia GeForce 8899 GT 512mb
Windows XP SP3
Sony DVD RW 20x

If you need more let me know

I will give that a try...but until then my pc info is as follows:
AMD duelcore Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (2400mhz)
3.5gb of ram
Nvidia GeForce 8899 GT 512mb
Windows XP SP3
Sony DVD RW 20x

If you need more let me know
Yes, give that a try. With those specs you should be ripping a regular dvd in ~25 minutes at one pass at standard handheld device resolution. Which Apple format are you using (and at what resolution)?

Its Apple TV H264 AVC at 720 X 480. I even tried saving the movie to the HDD and then converting (which in theory, should be quicker) and that was still at 4 - 4.5 hours. Just dont get it.....

You can edit devices.ini file in notepad and add either or both of the Bold formats AVI/MP4. (Save a copy of your existing device.ini file as a backup.) Either scroll or search in notepad to find the existing Blackberry scripts. Add the below script/s to that section. Save the file and then open up CloneDVDmobile. The two new device formats should appear in the listing under BlackBerry. Both produce good results but I prefer the MP4 format. You may wish to use the cinemascope and/or zoom setting to complete fill the Bold screen. One of the more senior members may have some further refinements to suggest. The first format is the creation of rgvsean from BB forums.

[9000]
Manufacturer=Blackberry
ScreenRatio=3:2
Res1=480x320
ResAna1=480x320
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4
ARate=48000
ABRate=64
MVolume=10
VTag=DIVX
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts cbr:br=%abrate%
moac=mp3lame
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=800
Framerate=25

You can adjust max volume if you like.

[BOLD (hires)]
Manufacturer=Blackberry
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=480x320
ResAna1=480x320
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1: acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
MaxVBitrate=800
Framerate=25

I tried the [BOLD (hires)] settings, Clone DVD mobile crashed immediately. The [9000] settings did work. Created an AVI that played full screen on the BB Bold with good quality

have we still not got the new version of cdvdm with the new chameleon engine from clonebd?

i thought it was due "in two weeks" well over a month ago?

have we still not got the new version of cdvdm with the new chameleon engine from clonebd?

i thought it was due "in two weeks" well over a month ago?

The statement was made and then retracted. When there is more information it will be announced.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=168251&postcount=5

CloneDVD mobile update will come within the next 10 days...

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=169300&postcount=23

I gave Tom an inaccurate information.

Fernando's statement came from this thread: ETA on new version of cloneDVD Mobile (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25415)

Last edited:
Its Apple TV H264 AVC at 720 X 480. I even tried saving the movie to the HDD and then converting (which in theory, should be quicker) and that was still at 4 - 4.5 hours. Just dont get it.....
Well, that explains it. My comment about ~25 minutes for a standard handheld device means 320x240 (76,800 pixels per frame) or less and mpeg4. You are creating full TV resolution (345,600 pixels per frame) using H264. That is 4.5 times more detail to process. Even with one pass it will take much longer.

Time to upgrade to a better processor - the Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition would eat those encodes up very quickly and it fits on an AM2 motherboard, and is pretty cheap right now.

Thank you for the help, but that is not the problem. Why you ask? Because in the past (copying with a single core) I was able to copy within a hour and a half to 2 hours. So it has to be a setting or something in the ini file that is hosing me up. Ill keep tooling around with it , but if anyone has a suggestion or a solution, let me know.

Am just starting an experiement.

The beta doesn't seem to work on my quad-core desktop, but it does on my single-core laptop (takes ages on there).

I've just discovered an option in msconfig to limit the number of cores recognised by Windows (in the advanced boot settings). So, I've just kicked off a conversion on a quad-core limited to dual core and we'll see how we go.

:)

Edit: limiting it to 2 cores didn't work.

Something to do with the extra instructions on the QX9650 perhaps?

Last edited:
Thank you for the help, but that is not the problem. Why you ask? Because in the past (copying with a single core) I was able to copy within a hour and a half to 2 hours. So it has to be a setting or something in the ini file that is hosing me up. Ill keep tooling around with it , but if anyone has a suggestion or a solution, let me know.
The only difference I can see for the Apple TV profile compared to older versions is that threadcount=off.

Perhaps the quality slider or number of passes were set to lower values when you got faster results?

Maybe you should roll back to the previous version that worked better for you to check whether the problem is with the beta version or your system.

Back