• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.5.0.1 beta

Peer

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This is a very major update - we expect it to fix many problems users ran into in the past.

Since it is impossible for us to test every possible setup, configuration and parameter setting, we would like to hear from you about any flaws you come up with.

Note: x.264 quality may not appear satisfactory at the moment. This is due to very raw parameterization. This will be fixed in the coming version.
Please do test x.264 anyway and let us know if it works with your specific device.

Version 1.5.0.1 beta: 2008 08 08
- new: switched from mencoder to ffmpeg for transcoding to resolve
numerous issues.
- transcoding speed should be greatly improved especially on multi-
core systems now.
- fix: previously selected multi-pass encoding could cause another
"multipass" encoding when selecting passthrough mode, where
it made no sense and only took up extra time.
- fix: selecting all angles from a multi-angle title would cause
no output to be generated. Transcoding of multiple angles
into a single video file is pointless, so now selection of
multiple angles is disabled.
- fix: Any lipsync issues sould be resolved now - please post any
problems in the appropriate area at http://forum.slysoft.com
- change: after initial installation of CloneDVD mobile the default
output folder is now changed to the user's "My Documents"
directory to ensure write privileges are available.
- fix: several profiles optimized.
- several minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Download here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1501beta.exe

Known issues to date.

• incorrectly decoded last line of subtitles. fixed in next beta
  • audio gain is incorrect (used 1 dB instead of 10 dB)

Last edited:
The PSP FW >3.30 creates an mp4 file that is no longer supported on the PSP. Neither 480x272 or 720x480 is supported now. Rolling back.

Rolled back to 1.2.0.1 and all is well again.

Last edited:
The PSP FW >3.30 creates an mp4 file that is no longer supported on the PSP. Neither 480x272 or 720x480 is supported now. Rolling back.

One of the first of my tests was exactly this profile with the PSP and it worked fine.

What firmware version do you have?
And what exactly do you mean with "no longer"?

Just did another test - works with FW 3.52 and 4.05 as well, can't seem to figure out your problem.
In case you've made changes in your devices.ini recently, the new one might not have overwritten the old one. In that case the profile wouldn't work.
So you should check the profile settings in that file for the "remux" entry, which should no longer exist.

Just did another test - works with FW 3.52 and 4.05 as well, can't seem to figure out your problem.
In case you've made changes in your devices.ini recently, the new one might not have overwritten the old one. In that case the profile wouldn't work.
So you should check the profile settings in that file for the "remux" entry, which should no longer exist.

This was the problem Peer, this time I uninstalled rather than install on top of 1.2.0.1 and it works fine. I always tweak the volume in devices.ini and I guess it did not overwrite the file like you said. And it did Ratatouille in its entirety in 15:56 on my quad core, that's pretty quick!

Thanks!

thanks for the note on the devices.ini

looks like the installalways flag needs to be flipped in the inno script for that file to ensure a clean upgrade

Well, short subjects work ok but the feature length Ratatouille is still unsupported? When I try to play the file with VLC there is no audio?
I even did a manual clean uninstall but can't make the new beta work for me. I'm sure it is on my end. I rolled back to 1.2.0.1 again and tested, it's all good.

Which profile? Audio track? Other settings?

Which profile? Audio track? Other settings?

PSP FW >3.30. My firmware on the PSP is 4.05.

Video will play in VLC but no audio, when I press the audio button it says "EMPTY". As an aside the mencoder log remains in the target directory it is empty and at Ø bytes but the text file remains. I've rolled back twice now and 1.2.0.1 does the same movie fine, it will play with audio in VLC and on the PSP. Do I need a late version of ffdshow or something like that to make the new beta work?

Last edited:
Hm, it uses aac as audio codec and there's no version given in devices.

It might be possible that mencoder defaulted to 4 and ffmpeg defaults to 2 (or the other way round - doesn't matter). I'll check.

VLC has a log that states why it can't play audio. If you could provide that information it would really help.

The below may not be related to the beta but it seems to me that this should be addressed in the next version

Historically I have used the passthrough mode for putting my DVDs on my NAS to stream to a PS3. One of the key benefits is that it allows me to successfully stream 5.1 to the PS3 and not have it downmixed to 2 channel stereo, downsides are that I have never being able to get subtitles to work and of course file size.

I saw the beta last night, downloaded it and used the PS3 definition. I was very pleased to get subtitles but disappointed to see that it downmixed to 2 channel - why is this?

Is there a simple way to change the device defintion to stop this?

This is the log for the file that will not play the audio.

Attachments

• vlc-log.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 9
This is the log for the file that will not play the audio.

Have you modified your devices.ini? Can you have a look that you really use the one installed by the beta?

I used 1.5.0.1 to encode 'Transformers' using Apple TV H264 AVC, mostly because I'm interested in using the 264 codec. Using MediaPlayer Classic 6.4.9.1, anything after 1:07:30 did not display video (audio only). Scanning using the seek bar freezes the video at the same point (the plate of donuts). It also reported the length of the movie as 03:30:50, which clearly is wrong.

I used 1.5.0.1 to encode 'Transformers' using Apple TV H264 AVC, mostly because I'm interested in using the 264 codec. Using MediaPlayer Classic 6.4.9.1, anything after 1:07:30 did not display video (audio only). Scanning using the seek bar freezes the video at the same point (the plate of donuts). It also reported the length of the movie as 03:30:50, which clearly is wrong.

Thanks, we experienced the same phenomenon, we're on it.

Thanks for reporting that problem.

There's a clock reset around that time (01:07:30) which produces that effect. I'll fix that in the next beta.

Back