• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.1.5.0

I asked (and I know it's an avi with xvid or divx encoding) because I was reading an article that said 'independent testing said since 2004, it was rated better."

It was sourced (can't find the article now) but I thought I'd try it with my own eyes.

Quality vs portability however....well, lets just say there's more people using iPods and mp3 players then there are using CD players. Portability wins if there's only a small difference in quality. Thus, I'll stick with DivX.

I asked (and I know it's an avi with xvid or divx encoding) because I was reading an article that said 'independent testing said since 2004, it was rated better."

It was sourced (can't find the article now) but I thought I'd try it with my own eyes.

Quality vs portability however....well, lets just say there's more people using iPods and mp3 players then there are using CD players. Portability wins if there's only a small difference in quality. Thus, I'll stick with DivX.

DivX and XviD both do pretty much the same thing - they do MPEG4 encoding.
It's not really that "XviD is better than DivX" it all depends on the implementation at the time. And at the time that statement was made (xvid better than divx) it just referred to the specific implementation then. The XviD guys derived their codec from DivX and simply did a good job in polishing it.

DVD to PSP movies

Can anyone point me in the right direction? My grandson is getting a PSP for Christmas, I would like to convert some of his movies from DVDs to play on the PSP.

Need instructions and what type of media to use to burn it to.

Couldn't find info on any forum I checked.

Thanks for your help!

Better or not some devices only play Xvid

So other than tweeking the code in what I presume to be a .ini file. Can there be a selection to convert directly to a Xvid codec .avi file on CDVDM?

The generic MP4 players I'm importing from China only play Xvid and the provided converters are 1) Win98, 2)Only convert 1 .vob at a time, and 3) the provided joiners (also Win98) lose audio sync.

CDVDM is a quality product. Can you make my life a little easier with a generic Xvid selection?

Mike

Added the code but....

The generated file is Xvid 1.1.2 and my devices will only use Xvid 1.1.0. Silly isn't it? So, any suggestions on this one (other than getting the Chinese up to date with the rest of the world)?

Back