• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clonedvd malfunction: unable to remove empty audio tracks

jzeimet

I am using clonedvd to copy our DVD's to a inhouse media server (infrant/twonky) for easy access without handling disks.

As media client a Linksys DSM 520 is used. This device (like many others) don't support *.VOB menue functions but can stream the video. This means there is no way to select subtitel or audio streams, only audio stream #1 is used for playback.

CloneDVD is configured to copy the german AC3 audio stream, all other languages and formats are deselected. In general, this works fine but there are several DVD's (e.g. Stirb langsam - jetzt erst recht) I run into a problem.

Clonedvd creates multiple audio streams, stream #1 (and #2) are empty and stream #3 contains the desired audio.

This can be easily reproduced in a PC environment: Just open the *.VOB files with PowerDVD and make a right mouseclick. In the Audio Selection you will see stream 1+2 greyed out (or empty), only stream 3 is usable.

To make it worse, the ranking is mixed within the *VOB's, so playing starts fine but audio stops in the middle of the film.

How can I get rid of these empty streams? Any way to get this fixed inside CloneDVD to avoid double processing?

Help is apreciated

Last edited:
I am using clonedvd to copy our DVD's to a inhouse media server (infrant/twonky) for easy access without handling disks.

As media client a Linksys DSM 520 is used. This device (like many others) don't support *.VOB menue functions but can stream the video. This means there is no way to select subtitel or audio streams, only audio stream #1 is used for playback.

CloneDVD is configured to copy the german AC3 audio stream, all other languages and formats are deselected. In general, this works fine but there are several DVD's (e.g. Stirb langsam - jetzt erst recht) I run into a problem.

Clonedvd creates multiple audio streams, stream #1 (and #2) are empty and stream #3 contains the desired audio.

This can be easily reproduced in a PC environment: Just open the *.VOB files with PowerDVD and make a right mouseclick. In the Audio Selection you will see stream 1+2 greyed out (or empty), only stream 3 is usable.

To make it worse, the ranking is mixed within the *VOB's, so playing starts fine but audio stops in the middle of the film.

How can I get rid of these empty streams? Any way to get this fixed inside CloneDVD to avoid double processing?

Help is apreciated

This is no bug, this behaviour is by design, to keep the created files as similar to the source material as possible.

Hey James,

so it's not a bug but a feature:agree:. One last question: How can I circumnavigate this feature to use CloneDVD with my mediaplayer?

I saw several posts in this forum concerning audio problems, my guess is that most of them are caused by this 'feature'.

Any helpful ideas available?

Last edited:
Back