• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD locks up my DVDROM

jamjma

CLONEDVD shuts my computer off.

My PC shuts down right before it goes to burn. My HD crashed and I reformetted it, reloaded all my software. I am running WIndows XP with a sony burner. I updated all my programs and drivers still shuts down.Please Help.
J

Could be overheading during the encoding process. Try cleaning out all the dust and make sure your fans are running......

I tried just cleaned out all the dust wasn't much. Problem still exists. Could there be a conflict between software and new burner.
Burner is a sony dru 830a.
Processor is a 2500 xp barton amd
Nothing but problems since I fdisked the HD.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I hard a HD meltdown reloaded amd went back to origianl configuration when it worked and still no good. Good it be a bad burner? I just installed burner as slave and burner regonizes movie when I put one in. Could it be a conflict in my system if so I do I find that out.
I am a newbie please help.

Last edited:
Still problems

I installed a new hd with windows xp updated with SP2 and all other security updates. Then loaded anydvd and clonedvd and when the program gets to the burn portion my PC shuts off. Green light stays on the computer almost like sleep mode but it doesn't come back up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Is your new burner set to master or slave on the jumper switch?
Is it running on the the same ide cable as the hard drive?
Check the time limit in control control panel for when the system turns off disc drives to save power (power options)

Your PC shutting down is a hardware issue. Be certain that all RAM and any add-on cards(video,sound etc.) are properly seated. As Webslinger mentioned, your PSU may also be causing the shut downs. What brand and wattage is it?
If the PC is pre-built...they come with good PSU's but will not tolerate much adding on. If it was included with a case purchase, it's most likely not a good one.

CLone locks up my dvdrom and my computer half way through ripping a movie.
I Have and AMD 2500 xp barton, asus motherboard, Maddog 4-1 dominator reader, Sony dru830A writer, Windows XP home edition with all updates.
I tried everything in the thread for the new version/.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

When I examine filters the link described only gives me the lower filters which are anydvd and Elbydelay

Nothing says upperfilters.

I have been going crazy ever since my hd crashed and I replaced XP pro with XP Home.
Please help.
Thanks

@ jamjma,

“DVDROM locks up”, “My HD Crashed” and “My Computer Shuts Off”. SlySoft/ Elaborate Bytes software programs do not cause these problems. These incidents indicate that you have some type of computer HardWare component problem. It should be noted this is a continuing problem you have been experiencing since your unresolved initial Forum posting of 21st August 2007 16:54 (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=45840#post45840)

Your were previously informed by two knowledge Forum Members in you above referenced posting that your problem was a computer HardWare component problem and not SlySoft/ Elaborate Bytes software program.

Suggest using a diagnostic software utility program similar to PassMark Burn In Test (http://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm) to diagnose what computer HardWare component is causing your problem.

Regards,
Coaster

Last edited:
I am running an EXTERNAL R/RW DRIVE SONY DRX-830U without any problems. The SlySoft/ Elaborate Bytes software program is not causing your problem.

Try using the standard IDE controller driver from Microsoft if you aren't already. I really don't know what you are using but the NVIDIA drivers are known to be problematic and cause a system BSOD and system reboot.

Back