• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD license from SlySoft

Shirva

I have a lifetime key for CloneDVD from SlySoft. I checked it with the latest version of CloneDVD inside a VM and it still works.

I am about to buy CloneBD from Elby and wonder if I should buy the CloneBD/CloneDVD bundle so that I receive a new key for CloneDVD or do you think I am safe buying just CloneBD and keep using my SlySoft CloneDVD key?

I asked Elby and they said to ask RedFox team.

Thanks in advance,
Shirva

You do not need a new key for cloneDVD SLYSOFT was only a reseller of elby's products ,however as cheap as that bundle is with the discount they are practically giving it away and you never know you might get another pc to use it on. Or just have a spare. I myself felt for as long as I have owned and used cloneDVD they deserved that $10 more than what I would've paid for just CBD LTL without discount anyway. So now I got an extra key for when I have the need.

Last edited:
wrong section. license questions have their own section. moved.

You don't need a new CloneDVD key. CloneBD and CloneDVD are elby products and not affected by the slysoft shutdown. Slysoft was just a reseller of CloneDVD that's all. Your slysoft license key will continue to work just fine.

Last edited:
thanks guys. Neb, you are right, $17 is cheap for an additional license. Guess I will go the bundle route.

...wonder if I should buy the CloneBD/CloneDVD bundle... I asked Elby and they said to ask RedFox team.
How strange of Elaborate Bytes to refer you elsewhere when the question was regarding THEIR products.

How strange of Elaborate Bytes to refer you elsewhere when the question was regarding THEIR products.
It's because it's actually a SLYSOFT license for their product and they are not able to comment on its validity. Makes sense to me. If you bought your license with other products then your license numbers are in sequential order.

Makes sense to me.
Not to me.
SlySoft doesn't exist (as most people know). RedFox doesn't resell CloneDVD. So referring him to ask RedFox is bizarre.

Elaborate Bytes should have told him his existing lifetime license was good for life. Unless you want to purchase another one, just buy a CloneBD license.

Last edited:
Not to me.
SlySoft doesn't exist (as most people know). RedFox doesn't resell CloneDVD.
I'm talking not about RedFox was talking about why they can't tell you if a SLYSOFT CloneDVD2 license is still valid. It's a SLYSOFT license not a elby one and If you have a pc you can install those old keys that were purchased together you will see a sequential numbering for them. For instance years ago me and my ex purchased three products from Slysoft. It was anydvd, CloneDVD2, and CloneCD and license numbers for those were numbered sequentially. That is also what they are not sure about the validity of it. Hope that explains it better.

Last edited:
I'm talking not about RedFox was talking about why they can't tell you if a SLYSOFT CloneDVD2 license is still valid. It's a SLYSOFT license not a elby one and If you have a pc you can install those old keys that were purchased together you will see a sequential numbering for them. For instance years ago me and my ex purchased three products from Slysoft. It was anydvd, CloneDVD2, and CloneCD and license numbers for those were numbered sequentially. That is also what they are not sure about the validity of it. Hope that explains it better.
CloneDVD2, and CloneCD were Elby products, and Slysoft was a reseller. Elby is still in charge of CloneDVD2 and CloneCD still works as always, I would bet it will never need another update.

Elby may have developed CloneCD but they do not sell it on their site I think it is an exclusive Redfox program now?

You think correct. Slysoft acquired CloneCD long ago because elby had to get rid of it because it was capable of bypassing CD/dvd software protections. It's now owned by redfox.

You think correct. Slysoft acquired CloneCD long ago because elby had to get rid of it because it was capable of bypassing CD/dvd software protections. It's now owned by redfox.
I thought so thanks for the answer.;)

But you do not have to repurcahse it, I thought that was the question, I am sorry if I misunderstood.

But you do not have to repurcahse it, I thought that was the question, I am sorry if I misunderstood.
I would Purchase CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile to just support future development and just incase a engine update requires new programming even then that would justify the support. IMO

Back