CloneDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by drhogue, Apr 11, 2008.

1. drhogue

drhogue New Member

I cannot launch CloneDVD, and this just started today. Shortly after the interface appears, I get the Microsoft popup that CloneDVD has encountered a problem and must close". CloneDVD immediately shuts down, and I cannot even click debug. I updated to 2.9.1.7 and got the same result. AnyDVD launches and scans DVD's normally. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to resolve this problem?

2. thegreatduke

thegreatduke Member

Hey, I encountered the same problem as you did! I tried to use it this evening as well. Hopefully the problem will be resolved by these diligent programmers.

3. Northern Dreamer

Northern Dreamer New Member

Same here.

I thought the problem might be at my end, so I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, but to no avail.

Hope the matter is resolved soon.

4. normandjose

normandjose New Member

I've got exactly the same problem. I'm using version 2.9.1.5. I last used it 2 days ago and it was fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've also tried a system restore to 3 days ago. All to no avail. I hope the problem is fixed soon.

5. cweasey@bigpond.com

cweasey@bigpond.com New Member

Hi, Im having the same problem , I used dvd yesterday, today Im getting the same message, I have sent an email to slysoft so hopefully i will get a reply soon so it can be fixed

6. zokes83

zokes83 New Member

Problems with CloneDVD

I have the same problem with CloneDVD 2.9.1.4. Reinstall did not solve this problem. AnyDVD isn't the problem I think, I tried it also without AnyDVD. But now with the new Version of ClonDVD (2.9.1.7) it works!!!

bye

7. MarkRacer

MarkRacer Well-Known Member

Same problem here with 2.1.9.5. However, after I installed 2.1.9.7, the problem went away. No fuss but I"m curious as why this would happen...

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

A bug: 2915 is so excited about the new version, it crashes.

9. normandjose

normandjose New Member

Did likewise - installed version 2.9.1.7 - works fine.:rock: I was sweating!

10. Bobycat

Bobycat New Member

I have the same problem, but when i take out the internet cable it works fine, but this is no good long term?? will try version 2.9.1.7 thanks chaps.

11. James

Use 2917, it'll work.

12. Bobycat

Bobycat New Member

Yes it solved the problem, thanks James, but what went wrong, Slysoft??

13. James

14. susan808

susan808 New Member

CloneDVD: an error has occured and needs to close

I'm having the same problem! it started today.......PLEASE HELP! I'm not having a prob with AnyDVD, just CloneDVD 2. :confused::confused:

15. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Did you read the thread you just posted in? Update to Clonedvd 2.9.1.7

16. susan808

susan808 New Member

:bowdown: Thank you!! it worked. :bowdown: