• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Hangs

oldmickthejoiner

After years of using CloneDVD 2 without any problems I've ran into a problem with the dvd Behind the Candelabra.Region 2. Clone see's the disc and
Create DVD Files/Finished Then goes to Writing/Setting Up/Erasing and just stops there. Please find attached log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.7.0_Info_D_EO51775.ziplog
    630.7 KB · Views: 2
I used Verbatim -R instead of cheap junk and its copying as we speak. Thanks.

Well your using the good brand, just the wrong type. Without going going into too much technical details, +r media is superior to -r media in many ways and in case of double layer media even more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

After years of using CloneDVD 2 without any problems I've ran into a problem with the dvd Behind the Candelabra.Region 2. Clone see's the disc and
Create DVD Files/Finished Then goes to Writing/Setting Up/Erasing and just stops there. Please find attached log file.

Contrary to the previous post (which is personal opinion), there is nothing wrong with -R discs on single layer DVDs. You do not want to use them on double layer though, but you didn't mention them so moot point. I and many others use -R discs and have no issues at all. +R media does have some advantages that -R doesn't have, but does not make it "bad" media and most certainly isn't your current problem, unless you happened to get some defective discs. Verbatim is an excellent brand whether using -R or +R.

Is CloneDVD starting in write mode or doesn't get there? Do you have multiple drives and have CloneDVD looking in a drive that you don't have a blank in? Is there an actual error message and/or code?

Last edited:
I didnt say there was anything wrong with -r media. I just said +r is superior. Better data retention, better scratch resistance, booktype setting, and in case of double layer mediamedia a variable layer break

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

I didnt say there was anything wrong with -r media. I just said +r is superior. Better data retention, better scratch resistance, booktype setting, and in case of double layer mediamedia a variable layer break

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

That's not the point. A person came here with a problem and the only response you can give for their problem is they're using -R single layer media? Really?

@mike & mmdavis: well my personal experience begs to differ

Contrary to the previous post (which is personal opinion), there is nothing wrong with -R discs on single layer DVDs. You do not want to use them on double layer though, but you didn't mention them so moot point. I and many others use -R discs and have no issues at all. +R media does have some advantages that -R doesn't have, but does not make it "bad" media and most certainly isn't your current problem, unless you happened to get some defective discs. Verbatim is an excellent brand whether using -R or +R.

Is CloneDVD starting in write mode or doesn't get there? Do you have multiple drives and have CloneDVD looking in a drive that you don't have a blank in? Is there an actual error message and/or code?

Hi mmdavis

I have two drives. drive d:Samsung SH-22BB / drive e: Liteon iHAS524

CloneDVD gets to the very start of the write process (Create DVD Files/Ok/Finished)then (Writing/Setting up/erasing) then it just stops at that point with no error message or code when using cheap discs. Have just tested a Verbatim -RW,it worked Ok
Verbatim +RW Ok
Taiyo Yuden -R Ok
Falcon Media -R Ok

Memorex -R X I got these discs from a relative! I'll be sticking to good brands from now on, + and - discs to keep everybody happy.

Hi mmdavis

I have two drives. drive d:Samsung SH-22BB / drive e: Liteon iHAS524

CloneDVD gets to the very start of the write process (Create DVD Files/Ok/Finished)then (Writing/Setting up/erasing) then it just stops at that point with no error message or code when using cheap discs. Have just tested a Verbatim -RW,it worked Ok
Verbatim +RW Ok
Taiyo Yuden -R Ok
Falcon Media -R Ok

Memorex -R X I got these discs from a relative! I'll be sticking to good brands from now on, + and - discs to keep everybody happy.

Yes, I wouldn't use Memorex discs if they were given to me. Even if they happen to burn and you were able to get a back-up, odds are the discs would go bad before too long.

smart choice oldmick. Ya can't go wrong with verbatim or tayo yuden. Esp in combo with LG drives verbatim rocks. I had both a samsung and lite-on drive a long time ago, with the amount of burning i do on a regular basis they never lasted long. My BH10 is 3+ years old now, i burn a couple hundred discs a year, that thing's still going strong on both the ripping and burning part.

Back