• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

clonedvd and bitsetting problem

brawlman

I don't see a way to edit a directory or media selection prior to burning in CloneDVD 2.9.1.5, is this a function that will be added in a newer revision?
Simply put, if you try to burn files that are already on your HD to CloneDVD under "Write Existing Data" tab it doesn't give you the option to select your directories or media...
Also, separate topic, but would you happen to know even though my book setting (bitsetting) is set to DVD-ROM but when burned to a DVD+R DL it can't be read. Have been unsuccessful in reading all but one DVD+R DL which was burned using DVDShrink 3.2, but none are readable with CloneDVD or AnyDVD...

I have successfully changed the booksetting to DVD-R DL with TDK DVD+R DL media but am unsuccessful at reading the disc on my portable player or home player that reads only DVD-R media. I have one disc that played a DVD+R DL on both players that was burned with DVDShrink 3.2; incidentally this has been the only DVD+R DL that has been readable even after changing the bitsetting to accomadate DVD-R DL and have been unsuccessful with CloveDVD 2.9.1.5 or AnyDVD being able to be read...

alaskakathy
What type of media are you trying to change? You can only change Booktype on +R media before the burn and +RW before or after you burn.
All burners are NOT capable of Bitsetting.

For Nero Express:
Put in a Blank DVD+R or DVD+RW Disk into your DVD Burner
Open up the Nero SmartStart, then Nero Express
Click on "Copy Entire Disc"
Then click on "Options", then on "Book Type Settings", set to "Automatic" and click "OK"
Now whenever you use Nero to burn DVD+R Media, it will automatically change the BookType or BitSet it to DVD-ROM
You can also try THIS link if Nero won't work.

@ brawlman,

Only DVD +R (Plus) Media can be Book Type Bit Set to DVD-ROM. DVR –R (Minus) Media cannot be Book Type Bit Set to DVD-ROM.

Also it should be noted that DL Media is very picky. The only DL Media that consistently produces quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.

Regards,
Coaster

Is there ne reason why DVDShrink 3.2 was successful 1x and CloneDVD2 has not been? Also, for some reason now I can't get DVDShrink 3.2 to get past the writing stage; I can open the files but then I get "Not Responding". Looks like some others have had the same issue with DVDShrink 3.2 and am still looking into their forum. By the way thanks for the reply Coaster, I appreciate it :rock:

Is there ne reason why DVDShrink 3.2 was successful 1x and CloneDVD2 has not been?

Clonedvd doesn't change booktype--and I'd advise you not to burn at 1x. Also if you use crummy blank media (and you are), you can expect inconsistent results.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps in the order they are listed. Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL only. Everything else should be avoided.

Also don't post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you want to help them please: click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully. Thank you

I don't see a way to edit a directory or media selection prior to burning in CloneDVD 2.9.1.5, is this a function that will be added in a newer revision?

Don't use the Write Existing Data option

Simply put, if you try to burn files that are already on your HD to CloneDVD under "Write Existing Data" tab it doesn't give you the option to select your directories or media...

Of course not; that's what "Write Existing Data" means; it doesn't mean change existing data.

Also, separate topic, but would you happen to know even though my book setting (bitsetting) is set to DVD-ROM but when burned to a DVD+R DL it can't be read. Have been unsuccessful in reading all but one DVD+R DL which was burned using DVDShrink 3.2, but none are readable with CloneDVD or AnyDVD...

Do not post about the exact same thing in the multiple threads please.

Back