• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.3.0 Unexpected Error when creating DVD Video Files

dta721

Hi all,

I am new to AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, still day 1 of 21 days trial. So far I am able to burn one DVD without the Top Menu (everything sequential, no direct access to a single chapter).

My current problems so far are:
- unable to add Menu due to file size bigger than the disc volume (4.7 GB);
- when creating DVD video files so that I can select the right contents (I think), then there was unexpected error, as captured and attached to this post. (At the time I have not read the FAQs, right click to save the Log as .txt file, but the screen capture should do).

What did I do wrong, or miss anything?

When I about to post this message, I was trying to burn another one, knowing that it is much less than the allowable file size. But then, still that audio "Oh No" again. Note the time stamp in the saved Log file: I 21:57:48 Processing started, as this was a different attempt from previous Video making.

I clicked on the Details button to show: Scheduler 0 invalid AdaptionIdentifier TCE

And Right Click to save Log to a text file, see attached.
TIA

dta

Attachments

• Unexpected Error Log.jpg
    Unexpected Error Log.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Unexpected Error Log2.jpg
    Unexpected Error Log2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 14
  • OhNoAgain.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 11
It's quite possible the DVD has errors if creating files is not successful.

Does this happen with other DVDs too?

It's quite possible the DVD has errors if creating files is not successful.

Does this happen with other DVDs too?

I am a novice user of a trial version CloneDVD2, so far able to burn just one other DVD (not this one, of course :))!

I read the log file, would guess the disc has scratches and/or bad sectors when it was read to make Video files with many failed attempts. I cleaned it carefully using the same eye glass cleaner and a soft cloth. I must say there is no obvious deep scratches, and from my own observation, the disc surface looks fine, and tried it again.

It is noteworthy that the DVD is not copy protected, running AnyDVD reports:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.5.2.0, BDPHash.bin 14-09-03)
HP DVDRAM GT30L MP04 09/07/27 7U01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2285888 sectors (4464 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: xxx :)
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I even tried a shorter menu (54 min) vs (1hr 31min without success) and was able to read up to 95% of this menu title, only 55 sec left. Then, it was announced again "Oh No"!

It is now more of an exercise to learn, I give up on this DVD!
Thanks for reading :)!

----
PS As much as hate to reply to my own post (thus this PS) :), I found this from AnyDVD forum that may explain what went wrong:
https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?57741-Fitness-DVDs-not-working&p=375403#post375403

Still at work, will try this later tonight, will report back if indeed the problem is solved!

Last edited:
It is noteworthy that the DVD is not copy protected

If the disc has no protection, exit/disable AnyDVD.
Then put the DVD in the drive and try again (as CloneDVD 2 can/should be able to copy un-protected DVDs).

Last edited:
Then put the DVD in the drive and try again (as CloneDVD 2 can/should be able to copy un-protected DVDs).

Won't help. CloneDVD 2.9.3.1 probably would, or CloneDVD's "write existing data" mode. Or CloneCD.
This disc is broken.

FWIW, I also used DVD Shrink 3.2 to create ISO image of the same Main Title (1hr 31 min). DVD Shrink ran for a while, then it attempted to fix the defective DVD structure but not successfully, ended up with an error message.

I am using CloneDVD2 now to fix presumably the same defective problem, but have no result yet. It is painfully slow, I am hoping for the best! Otherwise, I would have concluded by now the disc is "broken" (for copying, playing is just fine)!

Would be interesting.

I am still hopeful because the process of repairing defective DVD structure, whatever that means :), is painfully slow.

After resetting the AI Scanner in AnyDVD to "always enabled" (this means I still run AnyDVD), creating ISO is working much longer, so far no crashing yet, woohoo!

After about 30 min of running, it completed 62% this process, then the Repairing defective DVD structure kicked in, which has been running for the last 4.5 hours, only to achieve 86% of the job, see attached pic.

It's about 11PM now, I let this run overnight to see if it actually fixes 100%, then continues with the video making process, we'll see in the morning the result.

I don't think luck has anything to do with this, but... wish me luck :D!

Attachments

• reparing defective DVD sgtr.jpg
    reparing defective DVD sgtr.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 7
FWIW, I also used DVD Shrink 3.2 to create ISO image of the same Main Title (1hr 31 min). DVD Shrink ran for a while, then it attempted to fix the defective DVD structure but not successfully, ended up with an error message.

I am using CloneDVD2 now to fix presumably the same defective problem, but have no result yet. It is painfully slow, I am hoping for the best! Otherwise, I would have concluded by now the disc is "broken" (for copying, playing is just fine)!

posting an anydvd logfile would probably shed some light on the issue.

Here it is, the log file.

No joy after all!

Attachments

• log291014.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
  • cloneMap 2 TCE.jpg
    cloneMap 2 TCE.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • clone dvd2.jpg
    clone dvd2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4

The AnyDVD log file is about 86 KB, need to break into smaller chunks. Even so, only 4 out of 5 can be up loaded!

Attachments

• log1.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 3
  • log2A.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
  • log2B.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • log3A.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
  • log3B.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
The AnyDVD log file is about 86 KB, need to break into smaller chunks. Even so, only 4 out of 5 can be up loaded!

This is the last chunk!

Attachments

• log4.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
Does creating an .iso with AnyDVD work? (The "rip to image" option)
If yes, you can burn this with CloneDVD (or CloneCD).

I tried to rip it to the Hard Drive, still did not work! I'd say the disc is broken!

Back