• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clonedvd 2.9.0.8 released

No problems downloading the updates for AnyDVD or CloneDVD2 this morning. Slysoft (and elby) rock!!

:bowdown:

:clap:

Latest update error"Error opening file for writing

Just tried to update and got Error opening file for writing:"C:\Windows\system32\ElbyCDIO.dll" for both AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Never had any problems before updating. Haven't made any H/W or S/w changes!

Just tried to update and got Error opening file for writing:"C:\Windows\system32\ElbyCDIO.dll" for both AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Never had any problems before updating. Haven't made any H/W or S/w changes!

1. For Clonedvd

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Clonedvd (start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes--->Clonedvd2-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Clonedvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

2. For Anydvd

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

New: Files created can always be compressed using DVD Shrink
or Nero Recode (CloneDVD2 can be used as a preprocessor to
deselect unwanted titles or streams)

Why would I want to do this? Seems redundant.

Also:

Why doesn't Clone 2 do 2 pass encoding like DVD Shrink?

Clonedvd doesn't have the reauthoring features of Shrink and Recode.

No. Clonedvd doesn't.

It wasn't a rhetorical question!

Jk: Two nuns in the bathtub, one says "Where's the soap?", other says, "Yes, doesn't it."

It wasn't a rhetorical question!

Jk: Two nuns in the bathtub, one says "Where's the soap?", other says, "Yes, doesn't it."

I read your post too quickly; I didn't see the "Why". The reason given previously was that it would cost a lot
of money (research and development) to improve the transcoder in Clonedvd, and the money required to improve the transcoder
would have to be offset by the consumer. (I am paraphrasing).

the money required to improve the transcoder
would have to be offset by the consumer. (I am paraphrasing).

Personally, I wouldn't mind that at all. To have the quality of Shrink/Recode with the ease of use of CloneDVD.

Personally, I wouldn't mind that at all. To have the quality of Shrink/Recode with the ease of use of CloneDVD.

I think the problem is that many would ask, "Why should I bother paying more, when I can already use Shrink for free"? But if enough Clonedvd customers raise a big stink (like Shrink users did about Anydvd), maybe something would happen (provided Clonedvd customers are willing to pay for the improvements).

I can't remember, but I think James said $250,000 for r&d costs (as an estimate).

We're gonna have to pay $250,000 for something we're already getting for free?!!!

You're nuts.

Besides... my piggy bank doesn't hold $250,000.

""wears the soap?"

Get it?

Nudge. Nudge. Wink. Wink.

- New: Files created can always be compressed using DVD Shrink
or Nero Recode (CloneDVD2 can be used as a preprocessor to
deselect unwanted titles or streams)]

Unfortunately, not for Pirates of the Carribean R1 . . .

visit here

Edit: Nevermind, I guess. James is saying there's a bug in Recode.

Last edited:
$250,000 for r&d costs (as an estimate).
i think there are more than 250,000 users of clonedvd2.even if there were only 250,000 users that would be a dollar each-which lets face it is nothing.
so i bet/if there are more than 5 million users of clonedvd2.if we all gave $ 1they could easily do r&d for a super duper new transcoder:agree:

Last edited:
i think there are more than 250,000 users of clonedvd2.even if there were only 250,000 users that would be a dollar each-which lets face it is nothing.
so i bet/if there are more than 5 million users of clonedvd2.if we all gave $1they could easily do r&d for a super duper new transcoder:agree:

I wonder how many registered users there really are.

Back