• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clonedvd 2.9.0.7 beta

I could not possibly disagree more.

1. dvdfab doesn't help me when I want to play original discs on my system from other regions
2. dvdfab doesn't offer subtitle transparency on the fly when I want to watch dvd movies
3. dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want--faster for almost
all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases; and for that Anydvd ripper
since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink
)

dvdfab also doesn't do the following:
# Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
# Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
# Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
# Allows speed control of your DVD drives
# Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc"

Here's something else dvdfab doesn't do: http://www.cdr-zone.com/news/anydvd_tackles_sony_drm_rootkit_virus.html

Anydvd
6.1.3.2 2007 03 15 (you'll note that's in March; dvdfab provided an official solution in May)
- New (DVD): Added support new versions for the "Protect DVD-Video" copy
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
Examples: "Wer früher stirbt..." and "Perfume", both R2, German
- Note: With the help of AnyDVD, discs protected with "Protect DVD-Video"
can now be played on Windows MCE 2005, with Windows Media player or
Zoom Player. WITHOUT ANYDVD RUNNING, THESE DISCS CANNOT BE PLAYED!
Shame on the makers of this really bad protection.
They don't do their customers a favour, if they cannot watch the
original disc!
We really hope that they get these discs slapped in their faces by
their (ex)customers."

*cough*

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3986

"6.1.4.2 2007 05 03
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper rewritten from scratch. It is no
longer based on FixVTS code but on the powerful copy engine of
CloneDVD2, licensed from Elaborate Bytes AG. If you want more
control (stream selection, main movie only selection, ...) we
recommend elby CloneDVD2 available at http://www.slysoft.com
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper can now handle heavily protected discs
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper output is now fully compatible with
DVD Shrink and Nero Recode

- New (DVD): Protection removal of AnyDVD core is more compatible
with DVD Shrink and Nero Recode. Some heavily protected discs
like "Perfume" (R2, German) can now directly be opened with Shrink
without prior ripping to harddisk.

- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protections to the option to
remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
- New (Blu-ray): Improved detection / removal of region code
Multi region (e.g. Region A+C) discs are now handled correctly
in "automatic" region removal mode
- Change: Workaround for registration problem on Windows Vista
- Change: Removed AnyDVD ripper shortcut
- Fix: Title 10 of "Perfume", R2, German was damaged
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages"

That means Anydvd ripper works for full disc backups of all current Sony/Lionsgate releases with Shrink.

Anydvd is a superior solution for Shrink and Recode users because they do not require, with the exception of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases, Anydvd to rip first. Dvdfab, in all cases, does need to rip first if it wants to provide compatibility with Shrink or Recode. dvdfab's real competition to Anydvd (namely css+regionfree and dvdidle) hasn't been updated since Oct. 2006, and development on those programs appear, for the moment, to be "paused":

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1766255&postcount=79

Consequently those programs (css+regionfree/dvdidle) can not handle, at this time, the newer Sony nor the newer protect-dvd releases from Germany.

While dvdfab platinum does provide its own transcoding and burning solution, I sincerely doubt any well-informed Shrink or Recode fan would switch to dvdfab platinum just for that reason.

Regardless, for Shrink and Recode users, Anydvd, since the advent of Anydvd 6.1.4.2, is the better solution.

You're welcome.

Dvdfab is, I'm sure, a very nice program, but as it is not a driver (nor decrypts on the fly) comparing dvdfab to anydvd is fairly pointless; they both do different things. For what I want, Anydvd provides greater flexibility.

A lot of people like and use dvdfab; I'm not discrediting them. But anydvd does what I want better.

agree 100% as i use recode whenevder i can,but i have 3 new burners(PHILIPS SPD2413P GP02 2007/03/01- liteon 20x & hp 940i) that anydvd will not work with- no matter which program(dvdshrink - clonedvd or recode) dvd's still show up encrypted with anydvd- but dvdfab works perfectly with these 3 drives- have an hp 1040i on the way, i hope their's not a conflict between this drive and anydvd

agree 100% as i use recode whenevder i can,but i have 3 new burners(PHILIPS SPD2413P GP02 2007/03/01- liteon 20x & hp 940i) that anydvd will not work with- no matter which program(dvdshrink - clonedvd or recode) dvd's still show up encrypted with anydvd- but dvdfab works perfectly with these 3 drives- have an hp 1040i on the way, i hope their's not a conflict between this drive and anydvd

1. What error message does Clonedvd give you please? Please provide the full error message.

2. And do step 8 from here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

3. Follow the steps listed here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Last edited:
Well like SamuriHL say's each to his own and that probably describes it best considering everybody has there own way of doing their backup's and will defend it to the end no matter what anybody else says so I too will continue to do my backup's like I have always done it in the past.

1. DVDFAB Platium
2. Clonedvd / ANYDVD if DVDFAB can't handle it (which hasn't happened yet)
3. Shrink (if over 75% compression)

well thanks for your input.

Quite honestly, no one should try to change your mind. The thing is, if you're HAPPY with your back up solution(s), then why change them? If they produce the result you're looking for, the only reason to change is if you find a better way or a faster way to achieve the same result. So yes, to each their own as long as it works.

Quite honestly, no one should try to change your mind. The thing is, if you're HAPPY with your back up solution(s), then why change them? If they produce the result you're looking for, the only reason to change is if you find a better way or a faster way to achieve the same result. So yes, to each their own as long as it works.

Amen to that. :)

Hi,

Been away from access to a pc for awhile. Anyway I have reading thru this thread and was wondering when will the official update come out. Maybe some of the posts here I misread but seems 2.9.0.4 beta is still in the testing stages.

Hi,

Been away from access to a pc for awhile. Anyway I have reading thru this thread and was wondering when will the official update come out. Maybe some of the posts here I misread but seems 2.9.0.4 beta is still in the testing stages.

Yeah, seems like it's still in the Beta Stage. Hoping though that a official release will show up soon.

Bug in CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta

There is a bug in CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta, it will create wrong output when titles with multiple angles are copied.
For now, please use the release version (2.9.0.3) with multi angled titles.

There is a bug in CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta, it will create wrong output when titles with multiple angles are copied.
For now, please use the release version (2.9.0.3) with multi angled titles.

WHAT?! A bug?!?!?! You tell those Elby guys they're slipping! :D Seriously, though, it happens. I'm only kidding around.

try doing this with those drives and let us know if it works:confused:

Drives working for me with anydvd running and using Recode2 and Shrink3.2
that didn't work before I did this.

SH-16A7S (sata fast ripper ),..LH-20A1H (fast burner )

Just messing around tryng to get my 20x's working I found this worked,..at least for me.
I leave the movie out of the drives,..

then I activated anydvd:

then I opened Recode2,..selected "Record main movie to dvd"

then put the movie in,..anydvd did what it does,

then "Import movie"

and no problem,:clap: . ..can you beat that crap,..oh well

did the same steps for Shrink,...but chose "Reauthor" before putiing the disk in the drive.

All I can say is sweet ass. I definitely appreciate all the hard work you developers put into your software.

Here is a fixed beta version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2906.exe

This should fix this problem.

BTW, is there a reason why the changelog filename has been transposed? All of the official changelog files have been: changes_xxxxxx.txt. These CloneDVD betas are: clonedvd_changes.txt.

Just curious since I typically keep changelog files downloaded with my archived setup files.

@James:

Can you change write speeds in the next version of CloneDVD2 so the people that have 18X and 20X drives can choose those speeds please. Also you can get rid of the Max speed setting as far as i'm concerned. It has caused trouble for some people.

Version 2.9.0.6: 2007 05 12
- New: Files created can always be compressed using DVD Shrink
or Nero Recode (CloneDVD2 can be used as a preprocessor to
deselect unwanted titles or streams)

Why use Shrink or Nero Recode to compress. Is CloneDVD2 not as good at compressing as Shrink or Nero?

If you're trying to backup a full disc version Deja Vu, I don't recommend using this version of Clonedvd based on the information provided in this thread

Edit: Just to clarify, I was referring to Clonedvd 2.9.0.6.

Last edited:
If you're trying to backup a full disc version Deja Vu, I don't recommend using this version of Clonedvd based on the information provided in this thread

CloneDVD 2.9.0.7 should work fine with Deja Vu. Please test it. Thank you!

Back