• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDrive incorrectly taking over a DVD-RAM drive

liam_b

Hi guys

I had to change my motherboard and decided to format the system and reinstall. All was going fine until I installed CloneDrive and it decided to attach itself to my Samsung DVD-RAM (E:) drive as well as the new drive letter (G:) CloneDrive created, if I click on E: I get the usual Insert Disk type message with the CloneDrive icon on it.

Any idea how to tell CloneDrive to leave my Samsung alone?

Attachments

• New Text Document.JPG
    New Text Document.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 7
  • New Text Document2.jpg
    New Text Document2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
Try changing your E: drive to another letter using Diskmgmt.msc (start menu->run->DISKMGMT.MSC). Right click on the offending drive's letter and ask to change it. I hope this work around helps. If not, I guess we'll wait on a Forum guru. ;)

an excellent idea, unfortunately I changed E: to L: and VirtualCloneDrive followed :doh:

Any other suggestions?

After a lot of installing, uninstalling and reinstalling of drivers I discovered the problem - VirtualCloneDrive (VCD) does not function correctly with Nvidia AHCI drivers installed for my motherboard, reverting the SATA to IDE in the BIOS and removing the AHCI drivers followed by clean XP installation allowed VCD to install without the driver letter take over reappearing. Unfortunately the Samsung HDD runs a lot slower without AHCI but at least everything else works. Damn computers :doh:

Back