• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cloned Disc can't be read like original

shotgunwilly

My only question is, if your product is really a clone, shouldn't I be
able to expect my car stereo to read the disk name, artist, and track name
like retail discs? The unit in my car is a 2012 model. Whats up?

like retail discs?

Of course, and it does. But this depends on the capabilities of your reader / writer, too. And this information must be recorded on the retail disc. It usually isn't.

Hmmm.. My Bad

Well I have found cds that do and cds that don't. Never noticed it before. Never tried to get a real bunch of cds together before. I have a new system in my new car and thought I'd fill up the changer.

It's a Burmester. Check it out. http://www.burmester.de/en/automotive/index.php?content=index&objCoreXmlList0=2

Wouldn't you have thought that the Beatles Collection would have?
Sorry, for not looking into it further.

since you provide very in the way of helpful information as to the version log files and player type. What you asking is for us to pull information from the air and say here is the problem. Without any information or details or specs giving help is at best nothing......

I dislike to mention this, but, if you want your CDs to have the information you want on it, then you should buy Nero 11 basic. It comes with a plug-in called Grace Note. Grace Note will allow you copy a music CD (with Nero), and just just before Nero starts copying, Grace Note is started and it goes to the online database, and down loads all the information associated with that CD. It evens works with home made CDs from MP3s and any other format!. This is why I use NERO to copy CDs, because, like you, I like to have all the information on the CD so when I go to play it in my Sony 300 disc jukebox, it will display the name of the artist and the names of the tune that is being played. It's a small investment, but well worth it if you have a CD player that uses that information. CloneCD, will NOT be able to add that information on the CD unless it's already there. CloneCD copies the whole CD as though it was a hard drive. Let us know what you intend to do, and if anyone has helped you. 8)

@Recycle
Huh ? There are no open questions.

@vze2mp9g
Maybe you should mention there are also free alternatives to get CD-Text info on a disc ;)

@Recycle
Huh ? There are no open questions.

There is they asked a open questions without any specs leading to me asking what specs do they have that they are asking the question. And secondly what they are asking isn't something clonecd does or creates. It does a copy 1:1 or close to it from the source cd if there is cd-text then it will copy that but if it has neither cd-text then the cd will show no text. The only program I seen that did it properly was Nero 6 Ultra but since it won't run on Windows 7 computer that rather rules out a good program version that did properly write cd-text. I used winamp to get the cddb and make a mp3 folder of the cd and then use Nero 6 when I had XP to write back to the cd of which it wrote cd-text and with this if the cd player could read cd-text then I could see the track name and artist. But since I no longer can run Nero 6 on Windows 7 I no longer make cd-text just cd to cd copy like the source.

It just made me wonder cause at the time of your post all questions were already cleared up by James.

Mostly i rip my CDs with EAC and then burn with ImgBurn.
If i need to get CD-Text info into a CUE file that doesn't have metadata yet i use mp3tag afterwards:
- File -> Load Playlist/Cuesheet...
- Edit -> Select all files
- Tag Sources -> freedb -> determine from inserted audio CD
And finally burn with ImgBurn.

Back