• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD worked before and now doesn't??

Recycle

Ok here my problem I had 5.3.1.4 installed and it worked and used it without any problems. Updated to 5.3.1.7 for some time since it came out and had no problems using it. But yesterday I tried to back a DVD of which the drive will recognize the dvd media and title-when I go to copy it to image it says drive read failure. I was like what F*^**^ it worked before and not now. But I do have Anydvd HD 7.1.5.5 running as well. I test to make sure the laser wasn't dead by using CloneDVd 2.9.3.1 and it did a 1:1 copy and read the dvd media and also did a Anydvd HD rip to image and that worked fine. So the drive laser for the DVD isn't dead. Did the CloneCD software go bad on me? I do know I installed all the same software version on my laptop and test it on that and it worked just fine. The desktop was a liteon ihbs212 with BL05 firmware that worked before on DVD/BD media without any problem but now the CloneCD says it doesn't read when I attemp to use it. What could've corrupted or cause the problem now?

Well I just reimaged my drive from last working image and now CloneCD is working...not sure what happened probably some corrupted software somewhere...but it now works...go figure......

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Now what is going on with the latest version of Anydvd HD. I could recall before going 7.1.6.0 updates and beta didn't cause my drive to have problems reading? Did updating to the release cause some kinda drive read problems? I have one laptop with AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.0 and CloneCD 5.3.1.7 and it reads without any problems. But I also have my desktop with same software install and if I install betas after 7.1.6.0 it says "Drive read failure". Anyone else seeing this? I have problem on my Lite BD iHBS212 and Optiarc 7563 drives now? I reimaged my laptop back before installaltion of the problem but like to know how a drive before that was working now has problem reading the dvd movie media. I know it's now the media cause Anydvd HD will rip to image and CloneDVD 2.9.3.1 will copy it as well so the drive laser is fine. Is the updates causing problem with CloneCD 5.3.1.7 on certain drives or with certain beta updates???

Anyone else seeing this?

No "Drive read failure" problems here with CloneCD 5.3.1.7 & AnyDVD 7.1.6.4.
I believe my drive is a Toshiba (TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-T632A SR03 Z).

Last edited:
I think I found maybe a possible problem that is related to using betas. I reimaged my gateway that has CloneCD 5.3.1.7 and Anydvd HD 7.1.5.0 reimage and tested with Original DVD and CloneCD reads and makes image of the DVD. Then I updated to Anydvd HD 7.1.6.0 this time without using any beta as updates but Final releases. Rebooted and did same test again with CloneCD and this time it works. So my only conclusion is that the betas seems to do something to CloneCD with all those beta updates. I know it isn't any other programs or software as I mentioned CloneDVD and AnyDVD HD will rip and make ISO image so that eliminates the drive as the problem. So I think from this time on I will only use "FINAL" release and save the betas but not install them from now on. I used betas before 7.1.5.0 without any problems but I think with the change in Anydvd HD last iteration there is some fallout with CloneCD.

Man, what a hassle to figure what is going on with Slysoft programs breaking other Slysoft programs... :bang:

Now I am rebooting back before installing Slysoft software. I will now install all the regular software but this time will install Anydvd 7.1.5.0 that of which worked before going 7.1.6.0 release. And I will test it again to see if that work and then save the image and install 7.1.6.0 over the 7.1.5.0 install and try again to see if it works and I know I tried it on another computer and it works but I try again. And this will tell me if where the problem is and will report back. So anyone wanting release make sure you haven't installed any beta since 7.1.5.0 release to make sure it works first.

Does this issue with CloneCD occur only when AnyDVD is running? Or would an installed but inactive AnyDVD break CloneCD, too?

What is your operating system?

No problems here using XP SP3.

It might be specific to your machine as no one else has reported anything out of the ordinary.

Windows 7x64 Ult SP1. Never had problems with it on other systems but for some reason my Vostro 1400 is giving me headaches now. I reformatted the complete system to and reinstall to see if it isn't something related to the O/S. I did switch the drive out but can't see how that would affect CloneCD ability to read the media. I will reformat/reinstall and see if doing this to see what if anything comes of it.

Just my small reporting back various laptop and my main desktop rebooted back to 7.1.6.0 with CloneCD 5.3.1.7 works again...but what and why I don't know on the desktop but for my laptop with the same configuration I can get it work properly as to why my Vostro 1400 Windows7x64Ult Sp1 doesn't work with CloneCD I not sure. I reformatted it from ground and updated the O/S and just install CloneCD 5.3.1.4 and or 5.3.1.7 and test to see if it isn't the O/S or CloneCD causing the problem or if the drive is bad. But to iterate I had CloneDVD and AnyDVD HD on it prior of which would work and read and write DVD media....why CloneCD would balk at it I am not sure......???

You're probably aware of it, but log files of the different systems might help.

You're probably aware of it, but log files of the different systems might help.

Yes, forgot to do that...but waiting til I reinstall my vostro and CloneCD and make the test and then I have to run log files on those computers for the save DVD to be the control so I have a bases to see where the problem or what is causing the problem at what point.

ok, finished reinstalling the O/S and just installed CloneCD 5.3.1.4 and rebooted. Then I went through the process of copy a DVD backup that has the protection removed as my test control DVD and it reads and starts to make the backup now. So that at least tells me the drive laser is working and the software is working. My only conclusion right now is telling me O/S isn't the cause of the problem and CloneCD isn't the problem. Now I must go step by step install and test with CloneCD each time to see where the problem is starting from. But as mentioned my install on other computer and test worked but what is causing the CloneCD problem might be harder to find if I see or located it.

Ok, reporting back. I reinstalled the O/S and all software matching my desktop setup. And I install first as mentioned the O/S and Slysoft+updates then made image of it and then after that reinstalled all the other softare Office 2010...browsers, and Adobe and etc. Then made image of it and then tried to make a copy using CloneCD and it works and reads the DVD so that tells me the software is no longer broken. But as what software caused it I can't say for sure as the problem didn't pop up so I can't be sure what happened. But I can say I only installed Anydvd HD releases only no more betas. I see what happens later on....

Ok, been some time and from what I can tell the problem seems to stem from my free avira antivirus being somehow the culprit. So when I rebooted the computer I installed the latest version of the program itself before it was allowed to update. And the problem seem to have gone away. As to why previous version didn't cause problem I am not sure but it might be in some way related to what the Avira program did when it did a program update that might have broken something that CloneCD needed running to work. But so far uninstalling any previous version of Avira and installing the newest version seems to have stop the problem but I see how it goes after it updates itself a few more times to see what is going on.

UPdate to my CloneCD being borked again with updates after 7.3.5.1beta Anydvd HD? I know one of my laptop that has the setup is working fine with CloneCD but my desktop with CloneCD got borked with the Anydvd HD updates? They both have the same setup nothing has changed other then updates? I have to reboot back a working image and test CloneCD to see what is going on. And then update with Anydvd HD to see what is going on.

Borked how? Please elaborate.

Well on my laptop with AnyDVD HD 7.3.5.3beta and CloneCD 5.3.1.7beta will copy and backup the DVD image and burn back to DVD+R DL media without any problems but with my desktop Anydvd HD 7.3.5.4beta and CloneCD 5.3.1.7beta it will detect drive and scan the media but when I go to copy the DVD to the desktop to backup it says drive not detected but I have to go back and get a screen shot to see what it says exactly. But this was a similiar problem I had some time back when I updated Anydvd HD on my desktop and once on my desktop. I thought removing the Avira A/V fixed the problem but something is amiss now as I have MSE on both computers and didn't have problem until the most recent update to the Desktop but the problem didn't happen on the laptop? This is odd- I will go back later tonight or this weekend when I get a chance and try again to see but I do know Anydvd HD 7.3.5.1beta I did "Rip to Image" a BD media and it worked so I know everything at that point in time did work.

Here is a screen shot of the Clonecd error as you will see everything seem to check out until you go to start the process that the error halt the program. Not sure how much this helps but as mentioned before it happened with Avira til I removed it whether that was the cause or not I still don't know. It was all working up til 7.3.5.1beta when I last did a BD Rip to Image and the iso had no problems.

clonecd error.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a screen shot of the Clonecd error as you will see everything seem to check out until you go to start the process that the error halt the program. Not sure how much this helps but as mentioned before it happened with Avira til I removed it whether that was the cause or not I still don't know. It was all working up til 7.3.5.1beta when I last did a BD Rip to Image and the iso had no problems.

View attachment 23485

please post an anydvd 7.3.5.6 logfile from this disc.

please post an anydvd 7.3.5.6 logfile from this disc.

I will get that log and upload it tonight when I get back from work but I will probably redo the image this weekend and see if that fixes the broken CloneCD operation.

Back