CloneCD vs Blindwrite

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by stinkingbob, Dec 26, 2007.

1. stinkingbob

stinkingbob Member

Hi,

I have been using Blindwrite and now that I see your prices will be rising, I took a look at CLoneCD and tried it out.
    2 things:
    1) With Blindwrite, I have the option to read content from CD and place it into an ISO image on my hard drive. Then, I can burn this image to CD with Nero. Can CloneCD create ISO images as well? I didn't see this function anywhere.
    2) Blind write creates 2 image files. 1 is the actual converted game file and the other one is some small informational file. WIth CloneCD, it creates 3 files. 1 is the image of the game file, another is smaller image (like around 22gigs) and and then a smaller informational one (I call it informational because it is a very small file in size). Why are there 3 images instead of 2?
    3) The interface for Blindwrite is much easier and user friendly. CloneCD, while powerful, needs a different look. Any chance of a user interface change?

Thanks!

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Yes. You just specify (type) .iso as the image file extension.

There is no norm. You're just coming from an experience of having used another program--and assuming that is the norm. I haven't looked at the image .files in Clonecd for awhile, but one contains image information, another contains, I think, subchannel data, and the other contains layer break info (and possibly other stuff)

I disagree. It doesn't get much easier than clicking a few times.