• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD vs Blindwrite

stinkingbob

Hi,

I have been using Blindwrite and now that I see your prices will be rising, I took a look at CLoneCD and tried it out.
2 things:
1) With Blindwrite, I have the option to read content from CD and place it into an ISO image on my hard drive. Then, I can burn this image to CD with Nero. Can CloneCD create ISO images as well? I didn't see this function anywhere.
2) Blind write creates 2 image files. 1 is the actual converted game file and the other one is some small informational file. WIth CloneCD, it creates 3 files. 1 is the image of the game file, another is smaller image (like around 22gigs) and and then a smaller informational one (I call it informational because it is a very small file in size). Why are there 3 images instead of 2?
3) The interface for Blindwrite is much easier and user friendly. CloneCD, while powerful, needs a different look. Any chance of a user interface change?

Thanks!

1) With Blindwrite, I have the option to read content from CD and place it into an ISO image on my hard drive. Then, I can burn this image to CD with Nero. Can CloneCD create ISO images as well? I didn't see this function anywhere.

Yes. You just specify (type) .iso as the image file extension.

Why are there 3 images instead of 2?

There is no norm. You're just coming from an experience of having used another program--and assuming that is the norm. I haven't looked at the image .files in Clonecd for awhile, but one contains image information, another contains, I think, subchannel data, and the other contains layer break info (and possibly other stuff)

The interface for Blindwrite is much easier and user friendly.

I disagree. It doesn't get much easier than clicking a few times.

Back